MH-CET or MAH-MBA/MMS-CET is the official state level entrance test for admission to MBA/MMS programs affiliated to universities in Maharashtra. The test, and the following admission process (CAP - Common Admission Process), is conducted by Maharashtra's Directorate of Technical Education (DTE).The CET is the gateway to top colleges like SIMSREE and PUMBA. Many private colleges in Maharashtra also accept CET scores for their PGDM programs. The exam will be held on second week of March, 2020.
MH-CET MBA 2020 – Overview
The peculiar aspect of this exam is that the questions are randomly scattered and are not arranged section wise. The overall highlights of the exam are:
- 4 sections in the exam: Abstract Reasoning, Quant, Verbal/RC and Logical
- 200 multiple choice questions (MCQ)
- Duration is 150 minutes for full exam without sectional time allocation
- There was no negative marking.
Following are the important topics and areas to be expected in the MH-CET 2020 exam:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
This section generally comprises of questions from verbal ability and reading comprehension. Following are the major areas from which questions have been asked in the various previous year papers of MH-CET:
- Critical Reasoning
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Passages
- Fill in the blanks
- Mark the Error
- Word Arrangement
- Odd man out
Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation
In previous years the CET exam used to have around 20-25 questions on QA. However, the number of questions in QA in the different slots of last year's MH-CET was around 40-45. In all the slots, QA questions were dominated by:
- Arithmetic (Averages, Ratio-Proportion, Time and Work, Time-Speed-Distance).
- Functions and maxima-minima
- Remainder theorem
- Probability and Permutation and Combination (mainly Fundamental Principle of Counting).
- Modern Math
Logical Reasoning and Visual Reasoning
There are generally around 40-45 questions on LR and about 25 Questions on Visual reasoning in the various slots of the exam. A Majority of the questions are based on
- Paper Folding/Cutting,
- Complete the given pattern (Matrix type)
- Placement of given dots (this uses the concept of Venn diagram),
- Mirror image of the given set (set comprises of Numbers and letters),
- Forming groups of figures (12 figures),
- Finding similar objects as the given figure in the options,
- Finding an option that has the pattern of the main figure, Rule based odd man out etc.
- Input-Output tracing. A set of 8 questions were on
- Selection criteria
The in-depth expert analysis of MH-CET 2020 will be available on the website on the day of the exam.