Before making any concrete plans for the 2021 MH-CET exam, go through this article and ensure that you meet all the MH-CET eligibility criteria first!
MAH CET (Maharashtra Common Entrance Test) or the MH CET Eligibility Criteria for 2021 is vital for any management aspirants planning to pursue an MBA from Maharashtra in 2021. The computer-based exam will be conducted by the second week of March 2021 while the registration for the same will begin in the second week of January 2021.
The Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra is responsible for the MH-CET entrance exam and has also set the MH- CET 2021 eligibility criteria.
The MH-CET eligibility criteria for 2021:
- Applicants must be citizens of India.
- Candidates must have passed a minimum 3-year duration bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the Universities recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities.
- Additionally, General category candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent in any discipline.
- In the case of in case of candidates backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only, a minimum of at least 45% or its equivalent are required.
- If the candidate has appeared for the final years examination of any Bachelor's degree to be awarded by any of the Universities which is recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities in any discipline they too are eligible to take the MH-CET entrance exam.
- Even if you are the final year student of a Graduate Course (10+2+3) and if the result will be declared before the beginning of the admission for the academic year 2021-23, then you can also apply for MAH CET MBA/MMS 2021 online exam.
- However, if you are awarded grades/CGPA in the place of marks, the grades/CGPA will be converted to a percentage as based on the procedure certified by the University or institution from where you have obtained your bachelor's degree. Keep in mind that the percentage of marks shall be calculated by rounding off to two places after the decimal.
- Candidates can seek admission to Maharashtra B-schools on the basis of CAT and other national MBA entrance tests.
- Currently, there is no age limit for MH- CET applicants as per the MH CET eligibility criteria for 2021.
MH-CET 2021 eligibility for Maharashtra State (MS) Candidates:
Registering and applying for the MH-CET exam in 2021 as an MS candidate will open you up to many more opportunities and options in regard to the top MBA colleges in the state of Maharashtra.
The MH-CET eligibility can be a bit complicated so make sure you go through the different criteria’s for MS candidates below before moving forward with your application.
1st type of MS candidate
A Maharashtra Candidate is any aspirant who has passed the HSC and qualifying examination from the state of Maharashtra. If an applicant did not pass the HSC but passed Diploma in Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy or any other qualifying examination from Maharashtra, they will also be termed as Maharashtra State Candidate.
The 2nd type of MS Candidate
If you or either one of your parents is domicile in the State of Maharashtra, you are considered a Maharashtra State Candidate and be sure to mention this fact while registering and applying for MH-CET 2021. Candidates can relax as even if you haven't studied in Maharashtra or were not born there, you will be considered an MS Candidate if you meet any three of the criteria stated.
The 3rd type of MS Candidate
An applicant can also be considered an MS candidate if either one of their parents is an employee of the Government of India Undertaking or Government of India. Even if either the candidates mother or father are posted and report to duty in Maharashtra before the last date for submitting the MH-CET application the candidate will get the full benefit and be considered an MC candidate.
Applicants should also be aware that if your mother or father are retired employees of the Government of Maharashtra/Government of Maharashtra Undertaking you are still considered an MS Candidate. However, such employees are rarely posted out of the state, in case they are posted in other states or are on deputation to some other departments; don't worry as you will still be considered a Maharashtra, state candidate.
4th type of MS Candidate
Candidates passing HSC or passing diploma in Engineering or Technology or Pharmacy and also Qualifying Examination from a recognised institution located in a disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border area or from Maharashtra, residing in the disputed Maharashtra Karnataka Border area and whose mother tongue is Marathi.
Additional information you need to know about the MH-CET exam
- All India candidates have a 15% to 35% seat reservation
Candidates should be aware that 15% to 35% seat allocation is available for All India candidates appearing in MAH-CET exam. These candidates are also offered admission on the basis of their scores in All India MBA entrance exams like CAT (conducted by IIMs)/ XAT (conducted by XLRI)/ CMAT (conducted by AICTE), MAT (conducted by AIMA), ATMA (conducted by AIMS).
- JBIMS Mumbai: To have the same eligibility
For the MMS batch 2021-22, JBIMS Mumbai has decided to participate in the DTE-CAP 2021 and will offer admission as per the seat allotment process by DTE Maharashtra. JBIMS will accept MAH MBA/MMS 2021 score, CAT 2021 score and CMAT 2021 score for admission. The eligible candidates need not apply to JBIMS, Mumbai separately as the seat allotment will be through DTE CAP round 2021.
- Candidate must mention the category they belong to during the process of filling the MH-CET 2021 application form. Additionally, proof must be submitted as well.
- The candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and SBC categories should produce “Caste Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Social Welfare Department and the candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes (ST) category should submit “Tribe Validity Certificate” issued by Scrutiny Committee of Tribal Department and valid Non Creamy Layer certificate except SC, ST candidates during the verification process.
Did you meet the eligibility criteria to appear in the MH-CET exam in 2021?
For a more detailed timeline for 2021 MH-CET entrance exam click here!
Must Read MH-CET Articles