CAT is the most popular management entrance exam. Every year IIMs and other B- Schools conduct it for admissions to the Post-Graduate Programs. A seat in these institutions promises high pay-packages and a rewarding career in the corporate world. CAT remains one of the most competitive examinations and attracts graduates from all streams.
One of the best ways to start off with your preparation for any competitive test, (specifically CAT) is to begin with a look at previous year actual test papers. The online exam has three sections- Verbal Ability, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. All the aspirants need to go through the actual CAT previous papers for the past 3-4 years to get an actual idea of the exam as the test pattern changes with time, more so in CAT. Therefore, it is advisable to have a comprehensive look at the actual question papers, beginning with the CAT 2015 question paper.
Free Complete Guide
CAT and other notifications
CAT 2015 question paper revealed the following major changes:
- Overall scheme of the test and the distribution of questions in the CAT question paper.
- On- screen calculator was allowed to solve questions.
- 28 Non- MCQs were witnessed in 2015 with no negative marking.
- A total of 100 questions were distributed among 3 sections instead of 2 i.e. Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), and Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR).
- There were 34 questions in QA and VARC, 32 questions in DILR.
- Time duration of the test increased from 170 to 180 minutes.
- There was a sectional time limit of 60 minutes for each section and the test takers were not allowed to switch between the sections.
The same pattern was witnessed in 2016 and is expected to come in 2017 also.
The important dates for CAT 2017 are:
- CAT Notification release Date: July 2017
- Registration window for CAT 2017: From August to September 2017.
- CAT 2017 Admit Cards will be available from: October 2017.
- Test date: December 2017.
- Declaration of CAT 2017 results with Score Card: Second week of January 2018
It's time to gear up to get admission in your dream B-school. The road is tough but not impossible. One of the best preparation tactics is to practice previous year question papers. It will help to have a fair idea about the exam pattern and more importantly, the tap on time management. This article provides the list of previous years' papers for your best practice. Also, there are other sample papers available specifically designed to help you cope with the real challenge posed by CAT.
CAT Previous Year Question Papers
The main aim of the CAT previous papers is to give you a clear picture of the pattern of the exam. To know where you stand in the preparation and test your progress, solving the papers is the best practice. It will boost your confidence and even help you to improve your drawbacks. The best part about solving previous papers is the variety of questions you will get in one go. It widens the scope of study material. It will also help you to know your weak areas and focus on making them your strength to secure the maximum marks.
Actual CAT Question Papers