"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is practice." - Vladimir Horowitz
So, if you wish to put up an extraordinary performance in CAT 2022, you-must-not-forget to practice. Here, we have provided you with the CAT sample papers, based on the expected exam pattern and difficulty level.
CAT is the most popular management entrance test conducted by the prestigious IIMs. Every year, IIMs and other top B-Schools shortlist candidates based on CAT scores
. The exam is a prerequisite for the selection of candidates who aspire to become future managers and entrepreneurs. Candidates with good profile (academics, work experience), good performance in the test and GD-PI round are able to bag admission seat in the two-year Post Graduate Management programs offered by IIMs and other top-notch institutes like IITs, FMS, S P Jain, MDI, etc.
CAT 2022 will be held in the month of November this year. It will likely comprise 66 questions to be solved in 2 hours.
CAT Sample Papers 2022
To succeed in tests like CAT and get a berth in top-ranked institutes, you need a well-thought study plan involving focused study, followed by enough practice. Knowing the basics of the subjects is just a part of your preparation. The actual application of the concepts takes place once you solve CAT Sample Papers. So, our experts have compiled this eBook with latest sample questions from all sections of CAT.
Our sample papers replicate the actual exam pattern and expected question types. You will also get the detailed solutions for all questions within this eBook. Download the CAT sample papers here:
Advantages of solving CAT Sample Papers
CAT exam sample papers offer you multifarious advantages and enable you to improve your scores in a systematic way. These will help you:
- Improve your performance across all sections of the exam. Your score in these tests accurately reflects your preparation level at any particular stage.
- Get a very good idea of where you stand vis-à-vis others and will offer guidance for further improvement.
- Understand what works for you in actual exam-like conditions. Our Mock CATs are like a mirror; these tests/papers provide a comparative analysis and you can use this knowledge to develop a comprehensive strategy for the exam.
- Analyze your performance and find out the flaws or the weak areas. Test analysis is another important part of your preparation journey. Only taking mock papers and getting the score is not enough. Though it may appear to be a tiresome process, it's a necessary evil if you want to score high in the actual exam.
- Develop an overall strategy for the exam. After knowing your strengths and weaknesses, you can decide which questions to attempt first and which ones to take up later. Such minor tweaks can have a huge impact on your overall scores.
- In managing time well across all types of questions. So, the more you practice, the better you become aware of the right time for different questions. Further, you get to enhance accuracy in solving various questions.
Regular practice of CAT model papers will lead to a rising score graph with a strong motivation for constant improvement.
CAT Sample Papers
Here, you can access and attempt a set of the latest CAT sample tests based on the current difficulty level of the exam.
|CAT Sample Papers
|CAT Sample Paper 1
|CAT Sample Paper 2
|CAT Sample Paper 3
|CAT Sample Paper 4
|CAT Sample Paper 5
|CAT Sample Paper 6
|CAT Sample Paper 7
|CAT Sample Paper 8
|CAT Sample Paper 9
|CAT Sample Paper 10
|CAT Sample Paper 11
|CAT Sample Paper 12
Finally, remember “Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it”, as quoted by Stan Smith.
FAQs regarding CAT Sample Papers
1. When should I start practicing CAT sample papers?
Generally, CAT aspirants begin taking mock/sample tests 1-2 months before the exam date.
2. Are the sections fixed in CAT Sample Papers?
The sequence followed in CAT sample papers is same as in the actual exam.
3. Can I prepare for CAT just by sample papers?
No, it is important to study the concepts before practicing the sample/mock tests.
4. Can I use calculator in CAT sample papers?
Candidates are not allowed to bring calculators during CAT exam. However, you can make onscreen calculator provided in the test.
5. How many CAT sample papers should I solve before the actual exam?
There is no such recommended number of sample tests that you need to solve. It depends upon your progress and accuracy with every test you attempt. However, it is a good idea to take 2-3 mocks every week during your CAT preparation.
6. Is the marking criteria same for MCQs and Non-MCQs?
In CAT, each correct answer is given three marks and there is a penalty of one mark for every incorrectly answered MCQ. There is no negative marking for Non-MCQs.
7. What are the number of questions in CAT sample paper?
In the latest CAT sample paper, the total number of questions is as per the last actual paper. Since there were 66 questions in CAT 2021, the sample paper will also have the same.
8. Will CAT sample papers be useful for other entrance tests?
Yes, these sample papers will help you prepare for other aptitude tests as well. This is because most entrance tests focus on similar areas as that of CAT exam.
9. What is the mode of CAT sample papers?
The latest CAT sample papers are available in computer-based mode only. However, the previous year CAT tests can be found in paper-based mode.
10. Can I appear for two slots of CAT in the same year?
No. Only one attempt is allowed per year.