CAT Result 2020 - CAT (Common Admission Test) is an annual competitive entrance exam held by IIMs, based on which aspirants are granted admission into IIMs and other private and government B-schools. Besides B-Schools, Indian Institute of Technology and Institute of Science, also use CAT result as a criterion to grant admission to students in their management programs.
CAT is a computer based standardized test. It tests the candidate’s ability in different domains of Quantitative Ability (QA), Verbal Ability (VA) and Reading Comprehension (RC), Data Interpretation (DI) and Logical Reasoning (LR). The test has 100 objective questions, which are to be completed in 3 hours. CAT scores are valid for duration of 1 year.
CAT 2020 Result: Key Feature
- CAT 2020 Result is announced on the CAT official website.
- After the results are declared, Scorecards are live on the website.
- Immediately after CAT 2020 Result declaration, you can download the Scorecard.
- In addition, your CAT score is sent to you through SMS.
- CAT score is valid for an year and is accessible by the candidate on the official website.
CAT exam dates are generally announced by IIM conducting body around the months of June-July. CAT 2020 will be conducted on 29 November and CAT 2020 result will be declared on 5 January 2021 (Tentative).
Check your CAT 2020 result
Follow these simple steps to download your CAT 2020 scorecard.
Step 1: Click on the ‘CAT Result’ Button below:
Step 2: Enter your candidate user id and password when you are prompted to do so
Step 3: You will be redirected to your candidate’s account page.
Step 4: Download and print out your score card for future reference
What should you keep in mind?
As mentioned in the CAT scorecard, candidates must keep in mind the following instructions regarding CAT result:
- Only those candidates who have taken the Common Aptitude Test are entitled to receive the CAT scorecard. They are advised to keep a printout of this score card for future reference
- Candidates will not receive the scorecard by email or post
- The Overall scaled score is the sum of scaled scores of the candidates in three sections. CAT percentile refers to the percentage of candidates who receive score less than or equal to the score obtained by the candidate.
- IIMs & Non IIM member institutions independently decide how to use CAT 2020 score in their respective selection process.
- Detection of process violation or instances of providing incorrect information at any stage will lead to disqualification of the candidate.
- CAT 2020 score is only valid till 31st December 2021, subject to the candidate meeting the minimum eligibility marks in the qualifying examination.
What after getting your CAT Result?
- Get your academic documents in order. Self attest your degree and mark sheet copies wherever needed. Do not leave this till the last minute.
- Look for good colleges as per your CAT score which still have their applications open and apply to them.
- Keep a track on the college applications you’ve already submitted while you wait to get shortlisted.
- Check individual selection and counseling processed of different B-schools.
- Prepare for the next stage of selection which may include group discussion, personal interview, writing ability test etc according to the different college requirements.