What is MH-CET all about?
The Maharashtra Common Entrance TEST or MH-CET/MAH-CET for short is the State Level entrance test for admission to MBA/MMS programs affiliated to Maharashtra State Universities. The Directorate for Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra conducts this test and is followed by a common admission Process (CAP). In many ways, the MHCET exam is a gateway to esteemed top colleges like JBIMS, SIMSREE, PUMBA, K J Somaiya, N L Dalmiya, DSIMS, DY Patil & many others in the state of Maharashtra.
The MH CET 2022 entrance exam for admission to 300+ Maharashtra B-schools and is an online computer-based exam of 2 hours 30 minutes (150 minutes) duration. The MH-CET exam consists of 200 questions in MCQ format (five options). The MH-CET exam in 2022 shall be conducted in 37 cities within Maharashtra and 10 cities outside Maharashtra.
This exam is not as challenging as the CAT, so it’s an excellent alternative for students looking to get into a B-school in Maharashtra. However, do not take it lightly the MH-CET entrance exam is a very coveted exam and you need to prepare thoroughly to get into a good university.
The structure of MH-CET exam
||Number of Questions
||Marks per questions
|| Maximum Section Marks
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension
The best news of all for candidates is the fact that is no negative marking in the MH-CET entrance exam, so you don’t have to be scared to answer a question if you are not 100% sure of the answer.
MH-CET Exam Pattern Analysis
The MH-CET 2022 entrance exam has a total of 200 questions that candidates will have to answer in 150 minutes. So you must ensure that time management is a big part of your MH-CET preparation strategy. To have a solid plan in place, you need to know what will come in the MH-CET exam in 2022.
The MH-CET features a mix of the usual MBA test contents except for GK, which is not there. Though we can define the MH-CET syllabus the questions on different topics are jumbled up, i.e. you will find the questions from a test area scattered randomly and not in one place.
Have a look at the topics covered in the MH-CET entrance exam below:
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Questions asked under these topics will include passages to test your English comprehension. Here your English language ability will be examined through (1) understanding of the contents of the passage and (2) choice of appropriate words, phrases, expressions and similar language skills.
So you need to ensure that you're very confident and comfortable with questions on grammar, vocabulary, sentence completion, Jumbled paragraphs, Error corrections in sentences, synonyms, antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, phrasal verbs, comprehension of passages, Similar words used in different contexts, Reading Comprehension of unseen passages, completion of paragraphs and One-word substitutions.
Questions asked under this topic will test your speed, accuracy and how you work with numbers. Additionally, your ability to do numerical calculations, various arithmetic problems involving ratio and proportion, percentage, etc. will also be gauged. This test basically helps determine how good your quantitative reasoning, interpretation of tables, common graphs and charts really is.
Some more questions that can be asked in this section may come from areas such as Numbers, Ratio - Proportion, Percentage, Numbers, SI & CI, Time - Distance, Height & Distance, Indices & Surds, Geometry, Mensuration, Logarithms, Permutations & Combinations, Probability, Time & Work, Profit-Loss and Data Interpretation.
Logical & Abstract Reasoning
Question asked in these sections will measure how fast and accurately your thinking really is. Here you will have to answer questions based on figures and diagrams and also questions on verbal reasoning. If you want to do well in these sections you need to brush up on Series, Input & Output, Directions, Linear and Circular Arrangements, Symbol based Series Completion, Directions, Conditional Coding, Selection Criteria, Venn Diagrams, Deductions, Coding-Decoding.
When is the MH-CET entrance exam conducted?
MH-CET 2022 registration dates are out and you are apply for the exam until 11 May, 2022.. The exam will be held in 30+ cities within Maharashtra and 10+ cities outside Maharashtra. The admit card is issued a week before the examination is scheduled.
For further information and details about the MH-CET 2022 exam, you can check the official website cetcell.mahacet.org
. There you will get to know about the important dates, application fee, and other essential information.
Eligibility criteria for the MH-CET entrance exam in 2022
To apply for the MH-CET exam in 2022, you must be a citizen of India and passed a minimum 3-year duration bachelor’s degree awarded by any of the Universities recognised by University Grants Commission or Association of Indian Universities. Additionally, General category candidates must have a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent in any discipline.
In the case of in case of candidates backward class categories and Persons with Disability belonging to Maharashtra State only, a minimum of at least 45% or its equivalent are required.
Candidates should also be aware that they can seek admission to Maharashtra B-schools on the basis of CAT and other national MBA entrance tests too. There is also currently no age limit for MH-CET applicants as per the MH CET eligibility criteria for 2022.
List of institutes that accept MH-CET scores:
- Jamanalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research and Entrepreneurship Education(SIMSREE), Mumbai (MMS)
- Sydenham Institute of Management Studies & Research and Entrepreneurship Education(SIMSREE), Mumbai(PGDM)
- K. J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Prin. L. N. Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- N. L. Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- S.I.E.S. College of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune
- Bombay St. Xavier College Soc.'s Xavier Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- MET's Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Chetana's Ramprasad Khandelwal Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- Indian Education Society's Management College & Research Centre, Mumbai
- Lala Lajpatrai Institute of Management, Mumbai
- MAEER's MIT School of Management, Pune
- Zagdu Singh Charitable Trust's Thakur Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Rizvi Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Management Studies & Research, Mumbai
- Shree C. E. Society's Indira Institute of Management, Pune
- Alkesh Dinesh Modi Institute for Financial & Management Studies, Mumbai
- St. Francis Institute of Management & Research, Mumbai
- MAEER's M.I.T. College of Engineering, Kothrud, Pune
- Agnel Charities Agnel Seva Sangha's Fr. C. Rodrigues Inst. Of Management. Studies, Vashi, Navi Mumbai
- Shree Chanakya Edu. Society's Indira School Of Business Studies, Tathwade
- Don Bosco Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Durgadevi Saraf Institute of Management Studies, Malad (W), Mumbai
We hope some things about the MH-CET entrance exam are clear for you now.