TISSNET sample papers are prepared as per the latest exam pattern and difficulty level. These will essentially help you assess your readiness for the actual exam. Here, we provide you with the TISS sample paper, given along with solutions.
“Practice daily, because the quality of your practice determines the caliber of your performance.” ~Robin Sharma
TISSNET is a national-level test conducted by Tata Institute of Social Sciences. It is a computer-based aptitude test, consisting of 100 objective questions. These questions are drawn from English Proficiency, Mathematics & Logical Reasoning, and General Awareness. The duration of the test is 100 minutes, and there are no sectional time limits. Besides, each question is given equal weightage, and no marks are deducted for wrong answers.
TISSNET is generally held in January/ February every year.
TISSNET Sample Paper
Sample papers are a great source of knowledge as well as practice. These make you aware of the exact pattern and the type of questions asked in the actual exam. Download and solve the following TISSNET sample paper pdf:
||Download TISSNET Sample Paper
|TISSNET Sample Paper
Benefits of Practicing TISSNET Sample Papers
It is crucial that your exam preparation is accompanied by a good amount of practice. Once you are through with all the important concepts, kickstart your practice with sample papers and mock tests. TISS sample papers are an essential monitoring tool to check your performance and preparation level. Additionally, they assist you in developing a foolproof exam strategy as per your strengths and shortcomings.
The following points illustrate the main advantages of practising TISS sample papers:-
- Sample papers and mock tests imitate the real time exam pattern and difficulty level. Also, you are required to complete the test within the given time restraint. This prepares you well for the actual exam.
- A detailed test analysis lets you know about your deficient and efficient areas. There is not much benefit of giving the test unless you go through the analysis. Hence, you can strategize and re-strategize as per the selected topics and types of questions.
- While preparing for your exam, you need to see where you rank among other exam aspirants. A comparative analysis will motivate you to make faster amends and improve your performance. Further, you will learn from the proficiencies and mistakes of your competitors.
- Finally, sample papers and mock tests are a guiding tool for an overall exam strategy. You can plan to solve questions according to your efficiency as well as the importance of the topics. All these things play a vital role in deciding your overall score in the exam.
TISS offers 50+ different courses in humanities. These courses are master's degree programmes and not MBAs. However, the most sought-after degree, Master in HRM & LR, is considered equivalent to MBA (HR) in XLRI. In other words, if you want to make a career in human resources or social work, TISS is the place for you.
FAQs about TISSNET
1. Is TISSNET exam hard?
TISSNET is moderate in difficulty level. It is easier relative to CAT and XAT. However, the competition remains stiff as it is institute-specific.
2. How many students are called for TISS interview?
Of the 30000-40000 candidates that appear in TISSNET, nearly 20% of them are shortlisted for the second stage, i.e. personal interview and other assessments.
3. Is calculator allowed in TISSNET?
No, you cannot take any calculator for TISSNET exam.
4. How many seats are there in TISS Mumbai?
At TISS Mumbai, the number of seats varies from programme to programme. Overall, there are more than 1000 admissions seats at the institute.
5. Does TISSNET have sectional cut off?
Except for General Awareness/ knowledge, there are no individual cut-offs in TISSNET. In the case of GK, you need to attain at least 35% marks to qualify the exam.
Must Read TISS-NET Articles