Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), set up in 1936 by the Tatas is widely recognized as a pioneer in the area of social science education in India. The master's degree program in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations (HRM and LR) offered at the TISS Mumbai campus remains one of the most sought after and prestigious programs in the field of HR in India. The exam offers Masters Programs across TISS campuses at Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi.
The first step towards your preparation for TISSNET is to know the syllabus for the exam. Since, there is no official syllabus given by TISS, we have come up with a comprehensive list of topics based on previous years’ exam. Following is an indicative list of topics under different sections that you must prepare well for the exam.
Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- Time & Work
- Time Speed Distance
- Mixtures & Alligations
- Inferential and visual reasoning
- DI with pie chart, graphs
- Number System
- Profit & Loss
- Reading Comprehension
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence Correction
- Sentence Completion
- Meaning of terms
- Social Activities and Movements
- Indian Polity and Constitution
- Current Affairs
TISS Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT)
Candidates interested in studying courses MA (HRM & LR) or MA (ODCL) offered at the Mumbai Campus will have to appear for an additional entrance test called TISS Management Aptitude Test (TISS-MAT).
- This test (TISS-MAT) will be for 45 marks, and it will be for a total of 30 minutes.
- Marking Scheme- 1 mark for every correct answer marked and 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer option.
- There is no sectional cut-off mentioned for this entrance.
Three Major Objectives of TISS-MAT :-
- The Comprehension section has been incorporated to assess the student’s proficiency to understand management literature.
- The Management Data Interpretation section checks a student’s ability to understand data related to different domains like economy, business and market functions.
- The Business Awareness section checks a students’ awareness related to business sector and other functional areas of management.
Exam Pattern of TISS- MAT:-
||No. of Questions
|Management Data Interpretation
You must remember that the given topics are only indicative of the areas covered in the TISSNET Syllabus. So, you can expect questions from topics as well. All you need to do is to prepare well, have concept clarity, take regular mock tests and see the change in your preparation.
Must Read TISS-NET Articles