Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a national level exam for admission to its campuses in Mumbai, Tuljapur, Hyderabad, Guwahati, IMHST Chennai, MHAT Calicut and G-SET Ranchi.
TISSNET is not an MBA entrance exam. It is conducted for admission to courses like Masters in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) and various other masters degrees. The exam is conducted in the first/second week of January every year. The TISSNET registration process will begin in the third week of November 2021 and the deadline is somewhere in the third week of January 2022.
For TISSNET registration you need to keep the following things in mind.
General Information about TISSNET Registration Process
- Candidates have to register themselves on the ‘Click Here to Register’ link goven on the website http://www.tiss.edu/. During the registration process the candidate can set a password which can be used to login into the online application system.
- Use the registered user id and password to log into your account and proceed with the application process. Read the instructions carefully before filling the form.
- In case you live in an area where there is weak or no internet connection, then you can apply in the offline mode. The printed copy of the form is available at the institute. To receive the same, send a request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088.
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 programmes across any of 2 TISS Campuses or other locations.
- Candidates have to upload/attach relevant certificates (Photograph/Signature/TISS challan copy if paid by cash/category certificate if applicable). Please refer to the section 'Certificates/ Documents to be uploaded' on the official TISSNET page to know more on this.
- Unemployed candidates, whose parent's annual income is less than Rs.2.5 Lakhs for SC/ST and less than Rs.1 lakh for OBC (NC) are required to pay a Concessional Application Fee Rs.250 for each programme and also upload the necessary certificates for the same.
- The application fee is Rs.1030 (payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (payed at bank by cash). Candidates have to pay this amount for every program they apply to.
TISSNET is a national level exam and is conducted in 39 exam centers across India. You can select a convenient location while filling the application form. Following is the list of TISSNET exam centers-
||Chandigarh, Dehradun, New Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Jaipur, Lucknow, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Mohali
||Bhubaneshwar,Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Kolkata, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Dimapur, Silchar
||Ahmedabad, Aurangabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Indore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune,Solapur, Navi-Mumbai,Thane
||Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Kochi, Visakhapatnam, Madurai, Thiruvananthapuram, Kozhikode
Also, you will receive an application confirmation email at your registered email id. The email contains information about communication and the admit card details. You can only appear in the allotted time slot. Finally, you are advised to carry an original Photo ID proof, along with your admit cards to the exam venue.
The masters programme in HRM, offered by TISS is considered as prestigious as the MBA programme offered by XLRI. So you are interested to work as an HR then TISS is the place to be. Keep a tap on the TISS notification so that you can apply on time.