Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a National Entrance Test called TISSNET every year to shortlist candidates for management programmes across its various campuses. For the academic session 2019-21, the exam will be conducted in the first or second week of January 2019. Candidates are shortlisted based on their TISSNET score for the next round of Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and Personal Interview (PI). TISS campuses are located across various cities like Mumbai, Hyderabad, Tuljapur, Guwahati and a few more locations to name.
Free Complete Guide
TISS and other notifications
- Candidates should have a bachelor's degree of minimum of 3 years duration or its equivalent (10+2+3 or 10+2+4 or 10+2+2+1 year bridge course pattern of study).
- At the time of applying, candidates should have passed in all the subjects for the previous semesters.
- Only those Candidates who will be able to complete all the requirements of their final year Bachelor's Degree examinations on or before second week of June 2018 are eligible to apply.
- Apart from the general ability, certain programs have specific requirements. You can know more by checking out the details on the official TISS page www.tiss.edu
- NOTE: Till the time candidates submit results of the final year degree examination, admission to any of the Master's Degree Programmes of the Institute will be provisional. The results of the final examination have to be submitted in the last week of September 2018. Those who fail to do so, the provisional admission stands cancelled.
|Application Begins on||September 2018|
|Last Date for Online Registration||December 2018|
|Last Date for receipt of application form by post||December 2018|
|TISSNET Admit Cards will issue on||December 2018|
|TISSNET 2018 Exam||January 2019|
|Availability of TISSNET Score Card||February 2019|
|Pre-Interview Test (PIT) and personal Interview (PI) at TISS Mumbai||March 2019|
|Pre- Interview Test (PIT) and personal Interview (PI) at Guwahati||April, 2019|
|Pre- Interview Test (PIT) and personal Interview (PI) at Hyderabad||March to April, 2019|
|Announcement of Selection||April 2019|
|Announcement of First Wait List of TISSNET||May 2019|
|Announcement of Second Wait List of TISSNET||May 2019|
|Commencement of the Academic Session, 2018-20||June 2019|
Following is a list of instructions you should keep in mind before applying for TISSNET:
- You are required to apply online through the E-application process only. However, candidates from remote places where no Internet facilities are available can get a printed copy of the application form from the Institute. For this, send a request for printed form by Speed Post with application fees to Assistant Registrar (Academic), Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Deonar Mumbai, 400088
- You can apply for a maximum of 3 programmes across any of 2 TISS Campuses or other locations.
- Candidates have to upload/attach relevant certificates (Photograph/Signature/TISS challan copy if paid by cash/category certificate if applicable). Please refer to the section 'Certificates/ Documents to be uploaded' on the official TISSNET page to know more on this.
- Unemployed candidates, whose parent's annual income is less than Rs.2.5 Lakhs for SC/ST and less than Rs.1 lakh for OBC (NC) are required to pay a Concessional Application Fee Rs.250 for each programme and also upload the necessary certificates for the same.
- The application fee is Rs.1030 (payed by Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking) or Rs.1000 + bank charges (payed at bank by cash). Candidates have to pay this amount for every program they apply to.