There are a number of fields in which students pursue an MBA. The MBA course offers specialization in areas such as marketing, finance, human resources, operations etc. Rapid development in technology has opened many job openings especially for management graduates with specialization in Information Technology. There is a need for qualified professionals who are aware of the developments in the field of technology. Organizations value those professionals who can foresee challenges which the company might face and simultaneously suggest preventive measures. The dynamic changes in the business environment have projected a need for IT professionals who are well versed with management fundamentals. According to industry inputs and senior management professionals, students pursuing an MBA in Information Technology will have a financially rewarding career.
Why MBA in Information Technology?
The present generation is living in an Internet era; therefore, there could be many reasons why individuals would do MBA in Information Technology. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of the market and changing business scenario, an MBA in Information Technology presents a stable future. Factors driving an individual to do MBA in this field could be many.
- Employability factor increases of an individual who possess MBA in Information Technology.
- MBA in IT could be a means for salary enhancement in organizations.
- A secure way for career advancement.
- Exploring new job options and acquiring new skills for personal growth.
Scope of MBA in Information Technology :-
The term Information technology(IT) encompasses computer hardware, software, electronics, semiconductors, internet, telecom equipment, and e-commerce of a particular organization. A person who is an MBA IT graduate will know the techniques for processing the company’s data; he will be aware of ways for the application of statistical and mathematical methods to help in the decision-making process. Last but not least an MBA in IT will understand the implications of the simulation of higher-order thinking through computer programs.
Role of an MBA (IT):-
Over the years the definition of IT has changed, and an MBA (IT) professional has many responsibilities, which include providing computer tech support, handling business computer network and managing database, business software deployment, and taking necessary action for information security of a particular organization.
Colleges offering MBA-IT programmes:-
There are many prominent institutions offering MBA programme in the field of Information Technology.
Every MBA college has a different parameter for the intake of students to the MBA (IT) programme, and these colleges consider CAT, XAT, SNAP, GMAT scores depending upon their selection criteria. Names of some of the top MBA colleges offering MBA in Information Technology is listed below:-
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmadabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research,Pune
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology, Pune
- Jamnalal Bajaj institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
List of Subjects in MBA IT course:-
- Managerial Computing
- Information Systems for Business
- Internet Technology and e-Commerce for business.
- Enterprise Business Applications of IT
- IT Strategic Planning
- IT Outsourcing Strategy and Operations
- IT Consulting and Advisory Practice
- Digital Business Strategy
- IT Project Management
- Business Systems using Python
- Enterprise Systems using SAP
After going through the course, one is equipped to explore job opportunities in the domain of Information technology.