In North-East India, Guwahati is a major city providing ample opportunities for students who intend to do Masters in Business Administration. To secure a seat in a reputed MBA college requires students to prepare for various MBA entrance exams like CAT,XAT, SNAP, CMAT etc. Students in pursuit of management education also take into consideration factors like placements, fee structure, admission criteria etc. to select the best MBA college in Guwahati. The exposure provided to students during their MBA programme helps them to grow in their profession. This article gives information regarding best MBA colleges in Guwahati.
Some of the parameters we used to judge these MBA colleges included:-
- Faculty Experience
- Industry Exposure
- University Collaborations
- Physical Infrastructure
- Average Package
Our industry experts with more than 20 years of experience have rated these top MBA colleges on the above factors, and this quantitative data has been then supplemented with qualitative factors such as student feedback, faculty accessibility etc. to give you one of the best B-school ranking lists available online.
MBA colleges in Guwahati accepting CAT, XAT, CMAT and GMAT scores:-
- As a management aspirant, you should be aware of the list of best MBA colleges that accept CAT, XAT or GMAT scores for the final intake of students in the two-year management program.
- The Jawaharlal Nehru School of Management Studies is one of the best B-schools in the northeast region of our country. The curriculum is designed in such a way that students gain mastery over managerial subjects. The students are empowered to take strategically important decisions while keeping in mind the larger interest of the organization and society as a whole. Students seeking admission in the MBA course need to have a CAT score or they can appear for the written test conducted by Dept. of business Administration (Assam Univ). Post this step, students have to appear for Written Skill Assessment test and group discussion and personal interview. Students have the choice of pursuing MBA in two other streams as well, namely : MBA in Hospitality and MBA in Tourism Management.
- One of the top MBA colleges in Guwahati, Don Bosco Institute of Management, enrolls students on the basis of GMAT, CAT, XAT, AICTE-CMAT or MAT scores and then second round of selection includes group discussion and personal interview. Or else, students have to appear for Don Bosco University - Post Graduate Entrance Test. One of the premier institutes , Don Bosco Institute of Mgt. has been a blessing for students who want to carve a niche for themselves in the field of management.
- One of the best MBA colleges to pursue MBA , Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management & Technology offers dual specialization and it is affiliated to Assam Science & Technology University (ASTU). Students need to have a valid CAT/MAT/ATMA/CMAT followed by group discussion & personal interview. Or else, students can appear for GIMT selection test to take admission in the MBA course. The students are motivated to develop critical thinking. IMT’s learning processes are student- centric, and it aims to develop their students into responsible, innovative leaders with a global mindset.
- Faculty of commerce and management ( Gauhati University) college accepts CAT and CMAT scores. This is one of the top MBA colleges in Guwahati, and it believes that students should have a multidisciplinary perspective to excel in the business world.
Guwahati – Preferred city to pursue Management Programs (MBA)
Let’s have a look at the reasons:-
A) Epicenter for various business activities:-
A major contributor to the economy of Guwahati is the manufacturing sector. An important activity being carried in this city is Petroleum manufacturing. Tea manufacturing and processing is another activity that employs a large number of people and contributes to the economy of the city. The city has a robust infrastructure and excellent connectivity to the other major northeastern cities.
B) Immense career opportunities for Management students:-
A youth equipped with requisite skill and knowledge will have innumerable opportunities for growth in Guwahati. Major retail sector organizations like Metro Bazar, Vishal Mega mart and Pantaloons have their stores in this city,which has generated a lot of employment opportunities. Guwahati is also known for beautiful handicrafts made using bamboo and cane. Tourism is another sector which has boosted the economy of this region.
Let’s have a look at the fee structure and the average salary structure of various colleges:-
Name of Colleges
Avg. Placement Salary
Jawaharlal Nehru School of Management Studies, Assam University, Guwahati
Rs 1,54,455 (annually)
Rs 3.5 LPA
Don Bosco Institute of Management, Guwahati
Rs 376000 (annually)
Rs 2.75 LPA
Gauhati University, Guwahati
Rs 63,500 (total fees)
Rs 2.5 LPA
Girijananda Chowdhury Institute of Management & Technology, Guwahati
Rs 4,98,000 (annually)
Rs 4 LPA (approx.)
The best business colleges in India are the ones which offer management education that keeps pace with Global MBA environment. The management colleges should have either been accredited with one or more international accreditations or should be in the process of being awarded with it. These top colleges have a unique pedagogy and highly qualified faculty; the students at the best MBA colleges in India get consistently higher average placements year after year as they become industry ready.
The top ranking MBA colleges include not only the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) but also some of the other university-affiliated and private MBA colleges which are doing much better than many of the newer IIMs. The best MBA colleges and a number of IIMs have a similar fee structure, but some of the newer IIMs placements, IIM Admission process and the IIMs average salary in placement tend to lag behind in a number of these best MBA colleges. This exhaustive list of top colleges to pursue your management education from has been compiled after comprehensive research of MBA universities and colleges by our panel of experts.
Therefore, we recommend that first analyze as to what are the parameters which are important for you and then decide the college which caters to these parameters. Most importantly, you have to give in 100% to achieve your goal. All the best !!!