The tourism industry in Kerala is flourishing and giving a boost to the state’s monetary inflow. Ecotourism initiatives and serene backwaters draw many tourists from India and abroad. There is a dearth of managers who are futuristic and envision the challenges beforehand. Individuals who arm themselves with a post-graduate degree in management from top MBA colleges are readily placed in reputed firms. After acquiring an MBA from top colleges in Kerala, students have better employment opportunities. Students should go through the following article, which gives valuable inputs regarding fee structure, admission criteria, placements of top MBA colleges in Kerala.
Some of the parameters we used to judge these MBA colleges included:-
- Faculty Experience
- Industry Exposure
- University Collaborations
- Physical Infrastructure
- Average Package
Our industry experts with more than 20 years of experience have rated these top MBA colleges on the above factors, and this quantitative data has been then supplemented with qualitative factors such as student feedback, faculty accessibility etc. to give you one of the best B-school ranking lists available online.
MBA colleges in Kerala accepting CAT, XAT, CMAT and GMAT scores:-
- As a management aspirant, you should be aware of the list of best MBA colleges that accept CAT, XAT or GMAT scores for the final intake of students in the two-year management program.
- One of the best MBA colleges in Kerala is SCMS Cochin School of Business (Kochi). The two year Post Graduate Programme in Management has an innovative curriculum which prepares the students to have a problem solving approach with an analytical bent of mind. SCMS Cochin School of Business has been ranked 4th best B school in south India. Its student driven culture, robust corporate engagement model and planned academic rigour have increased the competency levels of the students. One of the top MBA colleges in Kochi, SCMS Cochin School of Business accepts CAT/MAT/CMAT/XAT and KMAT scores for the enrollment to the programme.
- Albertian Institute of Management(Kochi), one of the top MBA colleges in Kochi, accepts CAT/CMAT and KMAT(Kerala) scores followed by group admission and personal interview. The management department of St. Albert’s College is known as Albertian Institute of Management which offers MBA course approved by AICTE. Albertian Institute of Management focuses on equipping the students with the latest technical competencies so that they can face the stiff competition in the corporate world.
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode (IIMK) was established in the year 1997 and offers a wide range of academic programmes in the management field. IIM Kozhikode has carved a niche for itself by providing world class education keeping in mind the global market dynamics.
Kerala – Preferred state to pursue Management Programs (MBA)
Let’s have a look at the reasons:-
- Epicenter for various business activities:-
Kochi has the largest ship building yard called the ‘Cochin Shipyard’. Other major industries are manufacturing, construction, seafood, information technology (IT) etc. which have contributed to the economic growth of this city. This city is also one of the leading Tier-II destinations for IT and ITES companies. Some of the major IT companies like Wipro, TCS, Sayone Technologies, Qburst, Ernst & Young, to name a few, run their operations here.
- Immense career opportunities for Management students:-
Kochi is known as the financial, commercial and industrial nerve centre of Kerala. Several industries which include information technology (IT), shipbuilding, transportation/shipping, spices exports, chemical industries, tourism, health services, and banking etc. have lured many qualified professionals to this city. The city of Kochi has robust infrastructure and excellent connectivity to other major cities .A youth equipped with requisite skill and knowledge will have innumerable opportunities for growth in Kerala.
Let’s have a look at the fee structure and the average salary structure of various colleges:-
MBA colleges in Kerala (Kochi, Kozhikode) - Fee structure and average salary (subject to revision):-
Name of Colleges
Avg. Placement Salary
SCMS Cochin School Of Business , Kochi
Rs 10,00,000(total fees)
Rs 5 LPA
Albertian Institute of Management , Kochi
Rs 3,20,000(total fees)
Rs 3 LPA (approx.)
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode
Rs 8,75,000 (annual fees)
Rs 17.8 LPA
Adi Shankara Business School, Kalady
Rs 2,96,450 (total fees)
Rs 3.5 LPA
The best business colleges in India are the ones which offer management education that keeps pace with Global MBA environment. The management colleges should have either been accredited with one or more international accreditations or should be in the process of being awarded with it. These top colleges have a unique pedagogy and highly qualified faculty; the students at the best MBA colleges in India get consistently higher average placements year after year as they become industry ready.
The top ranking MBA colleges include not only the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) but also some of the other university-affiliated and private MBA colleges which are doing much better than many of the newer IIMs. The best MBA colleges and a number of IIMs have a similar fee structure, but some of the newer IIMs placements, IIM Admission process and the IIMs average salary in placement tend to lag behind in a number of these best MBA colleges. This exhaustive list of top colleges to pursue your management education from has been compiled after comprehensive research of MBA universities and colleges by our panel of experts.
Therefore, we recommend that first analyze as to what are the parameters which are important for you and then decide the college which caters to these parameters. Most importantly, you have to give in 100% to achieve your goal. All the best !!!