IIFT campuses are located at Delhi, Kolkata, and Kakinada. In this article, you will get to know about all three campuses.
The Indian Institute Foreign Trade (IIFT) one of the premier institutions of management, was established in the year 1963 by the Government of India. The institute’s main focus is to strengthen the country’s foreign trade management by empowering the management graduates through research-based consultancy and upgrading the knowledge base. Its main campus is in Delhi.
Besides its flagship full-time MBA programme, IIFT also offers tailor-made programmes for working professionals in the corporate and government departments. Further, it also extends certain other certificate programmes in export-import management, capital & financial markets etc. which are designed to meet the requirements of the global world. The curriculum for the full-time MBA programme in International Business has all the essential elements relevant to the international business activities, and this will enrich the student’s academic pursuit.
A student, who intends to pursue management from IIFT colleges, has to be very well aware of certain parameters to qualify the criteria for admission.
- The aspiring candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in any stream, or can be appearing for the final year exams.
- The criterion for admission for foreign nationals or NRI candidates is through the GMAT exam followed by the interview round.
- IIFT conducts the admission test in December every year. The duration of the exam is two hours, and it is a multiple choice objective type written exam. Students will be tested in areas such as reading comprehension, general knowledge, logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude and analysis.
- The second stage of selection includes a personal interview, that also includes an extempore round.
Important Information about IIFT
IIFT’s unique MBA IB program attracts almost 40,000 applications every year. With only 400-500 seats on offers across its three campuses in Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada; the entrance exam is comparable to CAT in terms of difficulty level.
What makes IIFT different from the rest?
- It is mandatory for students who are pursuing an MBA (IB) programme from IIFT to undertake a Port Visit. The visit could be conducted from any of these ports, namely: Mumbai, Chennai, Vishakhapatnam, Kolkata, Cochin, Singapore or Dubai.
- IIFT colleges have affiliations with many renowned foreign universities. Some students take part in the student-exchange programme offering them a unique opportunity to develop a global perspective.
Overview of IIFT Campuses
IIFT Delhi, the oldest and main campus, is the most-desired one. The Kolkata campus was founded in 2006, and the Kakinada campus was set up in 2018. All three campuses have slightly different cut-offs, with Delhi having the highest cut-off, followed by Kolkata and Kakinada campuses. Here is a brief about all three IIFT campuses:
Situated in South Delhi, IIFT provides a perfect environment for budding managers and leaders. This campus also hosts various centre for research and training, including a Centre for WTO Studies, Centre for Trade and Investment Law (CTIL), Centre for Regional Trade (CRT), and Centre for North Eastern Studies (CeNEST).
The second campus to be established, IIFT Kolkata has first-rate amenities at par with the Delhi campus. Being located in the eastern part of the country, the campus also maintains three water bodies to keep ecological diversity. While the Delhi campus offers all the courses of the institute, the Kolkata campus restricts to only the main courses like MBA (IB), PhD, Certificate Programme in Export Management, and Executive MBA.
The newest campus of IIFT is at Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. Currently, only the flagship MBA (IB) programme is offered at Kakinada campus. The authorities plan to provide a 5-year integrated MBA(IB) Programme here.
The information pertaining to IIFT entrance exam and the top MBA colleges that accept IIFT score will ease your prep journey and you will have a more focused approach to crack the IIFT entrance.
To learn more about IIFT campuses, checkout: iift.ac.in