The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) conducts a stand-alone paper based test to shortlist applicants for the next round of its admission process for MBA in International Business. The written exam comprises of the following sections:
- Section 1: Quantitative Ability
- Section 2(a) : Analytical and Logical Reasoning
- Section 2(b): Data Interpretation
- Section 3(a): Reading Comprehension
- Section 3(b): Verbal Ability
- Section 4:General Awareness
The peculiar feature of this exam is that it has a differential marking scheme. Also, the total number of questions varies from year to year. IIFT will be held on November 2018 and the result will be declared by December end. You can view the result on the following link:
Based on the marks obtained in the written exam, candidates will be called for the Group Discussion, Essay Writing and Personal Interview round. This round will be conducted in January/ February 2018. Final merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates' performance in this second round. The final result can be expected in April/ May. The academic session for MBA 2018-20 batch will start from July 2018.
To prepare for the second round you should start in advance and not once IIFT results are out. The interview panel is judging your personality, communication skills, creative thinking and attitude. These soft skills take time to develop and cannot be learnt overnight.
Some tips and tricks which will help you in performing well in these rounds are:
- Keep yourself updated with current affairs as it has been noticed that Group Discussion topics are generally from current affairs.
- Practice speaking in group settings, take part in as many practice GDs as you can.
- It is also imperative that you practice Essay Writing by writing essays on topics that have been asked in previous years essay writing round and also on current topics.
- You should also work on your interview answers beforehand, especially questions related to self awareness i.e. questions related to your strengths, weaknesses, goals, achievements etc
In case of any queries regarding IIFT CV Form or IIFT GD / PI rounds comment on the discussion forum for IIFT call getters.