IIFT is a national level exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBA (IB) at Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. Conducted every year in the month of December, the exam is taken by around 40,000 candidates. The difficulty level of IIFT is considered comparable to the popular MBA entrances like CAT, XAT, etc. The official notification for IIFT 2022 is yet to be released and the upcoming test session is scheduled for December 2022.
IIFT 2022 registrations
begin from the first week of September and close by October. For the foreign nationals/NRI candidates, a separate window will open in January '23 and continue till March '23. Before applying for the test, candidates must be aware of IIFT 2022 eligibility criteria. Here, we bring you all the essential requisites that need to be fulfilled for you to appear in IIFT.
IIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility requirements are different for Indian candidates and foreign nationals. While the Indian candidates are required to apply to the institute via IIFT exam scores
and later, the shortlisted ones appear for further selection rounds like GD and PI; the foreign nationals have to apply through GMAT score and then appear for an interview. However, some of the conditions are same for both, in case of applying for the institute. Listed below are the common requisites for both category of candidates:
Eligibility Criteria for Indian & Foreign/NRI candidates:
- The candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of atleast 3 years duration in any discipline.
- Candidates in their final year of Graduation can also apply. However such candidates have to submit the proof of requisite qualification by October, 2023.
- Candidates belonging to General category must have secured at least 50% marks in graduation, and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories must have secured a minimum of 45% in graduation.
- There is no age limit for the applicants.
- There is no mandatory minimum work experience specified by IIFT in its eligibility criteria. Any fresher with requisite qualifications can apply for the IIFT entrance exam.
Additional Criteria for Foreign/NRI Candidates::
Along with the criteria mentioned above, the foreign nationals need to fulfil the following conditions:
- A candidate who is a resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2022 and remains outside India during the IIFT examination window is qualified.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th March 2023. GMAT taken before 1st January 2021 is not valid.
- Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the IIFT 2022 exam. If the candidate has appeared for any other MBA entrance exam of India like CAT/ XAT/ IIFT for the year 2022-2023 then he/she is not eligible to apply as Foreign Nationals/ NRI candidate.
- NRI- Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not eligible under this category.
- The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2022.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India.
- In case of Foreign Nationals applying under Self-financing Scheme, the applications should be routed via the Ministry of Education/External Affairs, GOI and should be submitted to the Institute by 15 March, 2023. They also need to send a copy of a valid GMAT score with their application.
that the admission of the candidates who join the programme on a provisional basis but fail to qualify in the Bachelor's degree examination is liable to be cancelled forthwith. Such candidates should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of their results. Admission of candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation will automatically stand cancelled. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained”. You can find more details about the same on iift.nta.nic.in
So now you know the conditions that you need to fulfill to appear in the IIFT entrance exam. Start preparing early to gain an edge over the competition and perform well in the final battle.