IIFT is a national level exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to the three campuses of IIFT: at Delhi, Kolkata and Kakinada. IIFT is a leading business school of the country and is famous for management courses in International Business Management and Strategy courses.
IIFT considers only the score of its own exam for shortlisting candidates for the GD-PI rounds. No other exam scores like CAT, XAT etc are entertained. So for being a part of this prestigious institute you need to mandatorily appear in the IIFT exam. The eligibility criteria for writing the exam is almost to similar to CAT and other MBA entrance exams. Read on to find the detailed IIFT eligibility criteria.
IIFT Eligibility criteria
The following information will give an idea to students who wish to appear for IIFT exam. The information bulletin on the official website gives a more detailed information about the eligibility criteria for IIFT Exam.
Eligibility criteria for Indian candidates:
- The candidate must have a recognized Bachelor’s degree of atleast 3 years duration in any discipline with minimum 50% marks.
- Candidates in their final year of Graduation can also apply. However such candidates have to submit the proof of requisite qualification by first week of October 2021.
- Candidates belonging to General category must have secured at least 50% marks in graduation, and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD categories must have secured a minimum of 45% in graduation.
- There is no age limit for the applicants.
- There is no mandatory minimum work experience specified by IIFT in its eligibility criteria. Any fresher with requisite qualifications can apply for the IIFT entrance exam.
Eligibility criteria for International candidates:
The eligibility criteria for International candidates are not much different and the basic qualification is again a bachelor’s degree with required percentage of marks. Along with the criteria mentioned above, the other requirements are as under:
- A candidate who is a resident outside India for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2020 and remains outside India during the IIFT examination window is qualified.
- The candidate should produce Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score which should be received by the Institute latest by 15th March 2021. GMAT taken before 1 st January 2019 is not valid.
- Foreign nationals who are present in India at the time of IIFT entrance test are required to take the IIFT 2020 exam. If the candidate has appeared for any other MBA entrance exam namely CAT/ XAT/ IIFT for the year 2021-2022 then he/she is not eligible to apply as Foreign Nationals/ NRI candidate.
- NRI- Sponsored and Children of NRI candidates are not eligible under this category.
Following documents are required to satisfy the IIFT 2020 exam eligibility from the International candidates:
- The Indian nationals who are living, working, studying abroad should produce with application a certificate from the Indian Embassy/High Commission/ Consulate of the country where the candidate is currently based, stating that the candidate has been resident in that country continuously for a period of not less than 18 months as on 31st December 2020.
- Foreign nationals need to have a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India.
The IIFT brochure clearly states “Admission of the candidate who joins the programme on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor's degree examination is liable to be cancelled forthwith. Such candidate should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of his/her results. Admission of candidates who do not inform the Institute of such a situation will automatically stand cancelled. No request for extension of time for re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained”. You can find more details about the same on www.iift.edu/
So now you know the conditions that you need to fulfill to appear in the IIFT entrance exam. Start preparing early to gain an edge over the competition and perform well in the final battle. For more resources for IIFT exam prep, you can logon to mba.hitbullseye.com