“It's not necessarily the amount of time you spend at practice that counts; it's what you put into the practice.” ~Eric Lindros
So, once you are thorough with the important topics of XAT exam, you should start practising its model tests/ sample papers. Here, you can access XAT sample paper based on the latest exam pattern and expected question types.
XAT, one of the most competitive MBA entrance exams, is conducted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI). This all-India test is conducted to select students for top management programmes. Said to be the second-largest MBA entrance test, XAT scores
are accepted for MBA/PGDM courses offered by 11 member institutes and 150+ associate institutes.
XAT 2023 is to be held in the month of January. Solving XAT sample papers will provide you with a deeper understanding of its exam pattern and difficulty level.
XAT Sample Paper 2023
Here, you can login and access the latest practice paper for XAT 2023:
|XAT Sample Paper
XAT Exam Pattern 2023
The following table gives an overview of the exam structure and marking scheme of XAT:
|Number of Sections
||*Part 1: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making; Part 2: General Knowledge, Essay Writing
|Mode of Exam
|Duration of the Test
|No. of Questions(101)
||Verbal & Logical Ability: 26 Questions
Decision Making: 21 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation: 28 Questions
General Knowledge: 25 Questions
Essay: 1 Question
||1 mark is awarded for each correct answer.
0.10 marks are deducted after every 8 unattempted questions.
Negative marking for every incorrect response is 0.25 marks.
There is no negative marking in Part 2.
Why to solve XAT Sample Papers?
In order to get a good score in XAT, you need to devise a good study plan as well as an effective exam strategy. Attempting XAT mock tests
and sample papers lends a variety of benefits, the main ones being listed below:
- You can gauge your test performance under the given time restraints. Mock/Sample tests are devised to simulate the actual XAT exam pattern and time limit and hence, reflect your preparation level accurately.
- You can see where you stand with respect to other candidates. This serves as a motivating factor to work harder in the exam. By getting a comparative analysis, you will also understand which strategy works best for you in actual exam-like conditions. Accordingly, you can rework your preparation plan and exam strategy.
- It is extremely crucial to thoroughly study the test analysis after taking the test. Even if you are getting a good score in mock tests, your preparation is incomplete until you analyze your performance well. Test analysis helps in identifying your weak and strong areas as well as the flaws in your preparation strategy.
- XAT Sample papers help you develop an overall strategy for the actual exam. You can decide which questions you should solve first, the ones you should solve later and the ones to avoid. Besides, you learn to manage time well and set section-wise limits for yourself. All these minor things greatly impact on your overall as well as sectional percentile.
- Practicing sample papers constantly propels you to improve performance, resulting in a rising score graph.
After clearing XAT exam, the candidates are called for GD, WAT, and interview held by XAT-accepting B-schools like XLRI, XIMB, IMT, etc.
FAQs Regarding XAT Preparation & Practice
1. How many months are needed to prepare for XAT?
Aspirants devote 3-6 months to preparing for XAT exam. It ideally depends upon your daily schedule (college/work), focus, and calibre.
2. When should I start attempting full-length XAT sample papers?
You can begin solving XAT practice papers after a month of going through the fundamental concepts.
3. How many full-length XAT practice tests should I do before the actual exam?
You should solve atleast 15 mock tests or sample papers in order to attain good proficiency in XAT exam.
4. How many XAT sample tests/mocks should I solve per week?
Try solving atleast 1-2 mock tests per week.
5. What is a good percentile score in XAT?
Since the XAT cut off for XLRI admission lies between 92-95 percentile, you should aim to achieve above this. Further, you also need to clear a sectional percentile of 75+ percentile.