One of the most coveted MBA entrance exams, XAT, is conducted every year by XLRI, on behalf of XAMI. Considered as the second largest MBA entrance test, the exam paves way for admission to top B-schools. XAT scores are accepted by more than 150 MBA colleges across the country. With the best brains vying for seats in the top management schools, XAT is one of the trickiest exams to crack.
The first step to your XAT preparation is to pick up the right books for in-depth conceptual clarity. Since there is no dearth of preparation books, choosing the right ones becomes critical. After reviewing the top books, we present here the list of best books for XAT aspirants. An essential thing is to buy the latest edition of these books so as to keep up with the current exam pattern and difficulty level. Given below is the list of recommended books for each section of XAT:
XAT eBooks by Hitbullseye
In order to enhance your XAT preparation, our experts have compiled exclusive eBooks for all the important topics. These books aim to provide conceptual clarity as well as equip you with the advanced shortcuts for XAT-specific questions. Apart from the basic concepts, the eBooks contain a requisite number of practice questions based on the actual exam pattern. Furthermore, some eBooks lay down a preparation plan and exam strategy for XAT. Download these eBooks and brace yourself for XAT.
Best books for XAT Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations; by R. S. Aggarwal
- How to prepare for Data Interpretation; by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
The above books will help you get a good grasp over the fundamental and advanced concepts along with expert tricks to tackle complex questions. You will also find solved questions and practice exercises from past papers of XAT, CAT, etc.
Best books for XAT Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; by Ajay Singh
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning; By R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning; by MK Pandey
- Word Power Made Easy Book; by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar & Composition; by Wren & Martin
These books are devised to enhance your verbal ability and reasoning skills in a comprehensive manner. Additionally, you will be able to build a good vocabulary base and learn to ace questions with high accuracy.
Best books for XAT Decision Making:
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publications
- Target XAT 2020 (Past papers & mock tests); by Disha experts
- Jabbing the XAT (with solved papers); by R.K. Jha
It is essential to learn problem-solving and decision-making techniques to gain expertise in this section. Decision making is the most scoring section of XAT. Previous year papers and practice tests are crucial to know the kind of questions that feature in this section.
Best books for XAT GK & Essay Writing:
- General Knowledge 2020; by Manohar Pandey
- XAT 2020 Simplified; by Disha experts
Apart from the above books, you should refer to good magazines (Business Line, Business Today, Business & Management Chronicle, Competition Success Review, etc.) and newspapers (The Hindu, Economics Times, etc.) to gain expertise in this section.
Finally, it is advised that you take regular mock tests to assess your level of preparation for XAT exam.