“There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them.” ~Joseph Brodsky
The first step to cracking XAT is to pick up the right books for in-depth conceptual clarity of all important topics. Since there is no dearth of XAT preparation books, choosing the right ones becomes critical. After reviewing the most popular books available online and offline, our experts have shortlisted the best books for XAT aspirants.
It is important that you purchase only the latest edition of these books so as to keep up with the current exam pattern and difficulty level.
XAT eBooks by Hitbullseye
Our top mentors and faculty members have compiled exclusive XAT books for important topics. These books aim to provide conceptual clarity as well as equip you with advanced shortcuts for exam-specific questions. Apart from the basic concepts, these contain a requisite number of practice questions based on the actual exam pattern. Furthermore, you will also get strategic tips and tricks to follow during the exam. Download these in eBook format and brace yourself for XAT.
Best books for XAT Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation:
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations; by R. S. Aggarwal
- How to prepare for Data Interpretation; by Arun Sharma
- Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha
- Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K. Sinha
The above-mentioned are the most preferred XAT books for quant and DI. These will help you get a good grasp over the fundamental and advanced concepts along with expert tricks to tackle complex questions. You will also find solved questions and practice exercises from past papers of XAT, CAT, etc.
Best books for XAT Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension; by Ajay Singh
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning; By R.S. Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning; by MK Pandey
- Word Power Made Easy Book; by Norman Lewis
- High School English Grammar & Composition; by Wren & Martin
XAT books for verbal ability are devised to enhance your grammatical knowledge and language skills in a comprehensive manner. Additionally, you will be able to build a good vocabulary base and learn to ace questions with high accuracy.
Best books for XAT Decision Making:
- Analytical and Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publications
- Target XAT 2024 (Past papers & mock tests); by Disha experts
- Jabbing the XAT (with solved papers); by R.K. Jha
Decision-making is the most scoring section of XAT. It is essential to learn problem-solving and decision-making techniques to gain expertise in this section. The above-mentioned XAT books for Decision-making also include previous year papers
and practice tests that will let you understand the section well.
Best books for XAT General Knowledge:
- General Knowledge 2024 by Manohar Pandey
- Lucent's General Knowledge 2024 by Dr. Binay Karna
Apart from the above-listed XAT preparation books for GK, you should refer to good magazines (Business Line, Business Today, Competition Success Review, etc.) and newspapers (The Hindu, Economics Times, etc.) to gain expertise in this section.
Best books for XAT Essay:
- Mastering Essay & Answer Writing - Disha Experts
- 151 Essays by S.C. Gupta
Alongside studying the essay structure and going through the essays given in these books, you must practice writing on the latest topics/ issues within a specific time restraint.
Finally, it is advised that you take regular mock tests to evaluate your progress for XAT exam.
One of the most coveted MBA entrance exams, XAT is conducted every year by XLRI on behalf of XAMI. Considered as the second largest MBA entrance test, the exam paves way for admission to some of the top B-schools of the country. XAT scores are accepted by more than 150 reputed MBA colleges across the country. It is one of the trickiest entrance exams and taken by more than 90,000 aspirants every year.