XLRI conducts the XAT every year in the first week of January on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI). XAT exam will be conducted on January 3, 2021. Knowing important details of XAT Exam Pattern will help students to prepare in a better manner for the forthcoming exam. Many students start preparing for XAT entrance exam during their final year of graduation. Students can also know the type of questions that come in XAT exam by practising XAT mock tests. Each section has importance in XAT exam and one has to cover various topics to enhance one’s performance in the main XAT exam.
It is essential to develop a concrete strategy and understand the paper pattern well to maximize your scores in XAT. The following table would give you a clear picture of the XAT 2021 paper pattern:
|Number of Sections
||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, GK
|Duration of the Test
XAT 2021: 180 minutes (3 hrs.)
|Number of Questions(100 Questions)
||Verbal & Logical Ability: 26 Questions
Decision Making: 21 Questions
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation: 28 Questions
General Knowledge: 25 Questions
||Students have a choice of not attempting 8 questions. Beyond this, any un-attempted question will carry the negative marking of 0.05. The Negative marking for incorrect response is 0.25. There is no negative marking in General Knowledge Section.
The major takeaways for the XAT preparation are:
- All the sections need equal importance as fetching maximum marks is the most important task and a gateway to move ahead. Clearing Sectional cut-off is mandatory.
- A proper tab on time is a must. The level of difficulty is high. So time management is an asset.
- Regular practice of Mock Tests is essential for superior performance in Verbal and Logical Ability Section.
- Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension are the main dominating areas in this section.
- Strong conceptual base in Geometry, Number System, Probability and DI with a good application orientation is the key to crack Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation section.
- Get yourself updated with both current and static GK. Preparing current events for the past six months is essential, and a focus on awards, books and authors and geography will ace your hold on static GK.
- Striking a right balance between speed and accuracy is all that matters to score in XAT.