XAT (Xavier Aptitude Test) is conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur for admission to various management programs. More than 90,000 MBA aspirants appear for the exam every year. XAT scores are accepted by more than 150 B-schools across India. Considered as the second largest MBA entrance exam, it offers a tough competition to the top brains of the country.
The exam is scheduled to be conducted on first week of January, 2020. Before applying for XAT 2020, learn about the basic requirements to appear for the exam:
- Candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree of minimum three years duration or equivalent from a recognized authority in any discipline.
- Final year students are also eligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates who completed their graduation in 1980s, with a 2-year bachelor's degree, are not eligible.
- There is no minimum aggregate marks criterion for appearing in XAT 2020.
- NRI and Foreign Candidates can also apply on the basis of GMAT (except Dubai and Kathmandu candidates where candidates have an option of appearing for XAT 2020).
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for XAT 2020.
- Candidates with PG degree need to provide their PG percentage in application form instead of graduation percentage.
- All backlogs must have been cleared before admission through XAT.
Apart from the general criteria, there is a programme-wise eligibility criterion for XAT. If you wish to apply for XAT 2020, you must check the eligibility criteria of particular institutes as well as for their programmes. Here, we present an overview of specific eligibility criteria, as per the programmes offered by XLRI:
- Human Resource Management
- Minimum three years of bachelor’s degree from a recognized institute.
- NRI and foreign candidates can apply through GMAT.
- Students in final year of examination can apply if their result will be declared by June 10, 2020.
- Business Management
- Bachelor’s degree of 3 years duration in any stream.
- NRI and foreign origin students can apply through GMAT.
- Students in final year of graduation can apply but result must be declared by June 10, 2020.
- General Management programs (PGDM)
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Indian or foreign university with 3 years of duration.
- Managerial/supervisory experience of 5 years of experience by March 31, 2020.
- XAT 2020 score and GMAT score will be considered. (GMAT exam must have been cleared between December 1, 2017, and December 20, 2019).
- Business Management Program (Part-Time)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline of a minimum of three years duration.
- Bachelor’s degree should be from any of the universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or an equivalent qualification from an institution approved by AICTE.
If you fulfill the above stated criteria, you can proceed towards XAT 2020 Registration
. The detailed notification is released on the official website (xatonline.net.in
) in the month of August.