Now that you have decided to go for XAT exam, you must know the right way to register for it. So, here, we are providing the complete procedure for XAT registration 2023.
XAT is a national-level management test conducted every year by XLRI, on behalf of XAMI. Over 90,000 management aspirants appear for the exam every year. One of the most popular MBA entrance exams, XAT serves as a gateway to admission in various management courses of XAMI member institutes and several other leading B-schools of the country
XAT 2023 will be held in the first week of January. Students are required to fill out the XAT form online on the official website. The registrations for the exam begin from 10 August, 2022. Like other entrance tests, XAT 2023 registration entails stepwise filling of the form and subsequent fee payment.
XAT Registration 2023: Main Steps
The XAT application form needs to be completed in the following three major steps:
- Register yourself and verify your Email ID.
- Fill the online XAT Application Form and Upload the Requisite Documents.
- Pay the XAT registration Fee and Submit the form.
XAT Registration 2023: Required Documents
Before filling the online form, you must keep the following documents ready:
- Academic Documents: Marksheets of Class 10th, 12th, Graduation and Master’s degree (if any).
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Work experience certificate/details (if any)
- Scanned Photograph: Scanned passport size photograph in 200 x 230 pixel resolution and file size between 20 KB - 50 KB. (The photograph needs to be in light/white background and face of the candidate must be clearly visible in it.)
- Scanned Signature: Scanned copy of candidate’s signature in 200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution and file size between 10 KB - 20 KB. (The signature needs to be on a white paper with a black ink pen.)
- Payment Instruments: Credit Cards, Debit Cards, IMPS, Internet Banking, Cash Cards, and Mobile Wallets.
- XAT Fee Structure 2023:
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 2000/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 200/- each.
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT– Rs. 2500/-
- NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
Further, you must have a valid email address and mobile number to register for XAT 2023.
XAT Registration 2023: Three Steps of XAT Application Explained
The detailed application procedure for XAT is as follows:
Step 1- Register for XAT 2023
Step 2- Fill the XAT application form 2023
- Go to the official website (https://xatonline.in/) and click on ‘Register Online’/ the tab ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- Carefully, Read all the instructions and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your name, contact details, and email-id. You will receive a user ID & password on email and SMS.
- Log-in using your XAT user ID and password and start filling the online form.
- Basic details
If you are a foreign/NRI applicant, you have to apply through GMAT score also.
- Choose XAT exam center
- Fill your full name
- Select your citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- Program Selection
If you are not interested in any of the XLRI programs, you can skip this step.
- Select the program of your choice (Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP))
- Personal Details
Fill your personal information: name, date of birth, gender, father’s name, mother’s name, category, phone number, etc. (The names & D.O.B should be as per your certificates, marksheets or Identity proof. Any alteration may disqualify your candidature.)
- Educational Details
- Fill up your educational qualifications starting from class X.
- Provide details of your work experience starting from the latest job (if any).
Candidates interested in applying to GMP must have total experience of 5 years.
Finally, you are required validate your details and save the application by clicking on ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
Ensure that your scanned photograph and signature is as per the specified dimensions. Click on the “Preview Tab” to check the entire application form before “Final Submit”.
Additionally, you may need to upload category and work experience certificates (if any).
Step 3- Fee Payment
You can pay the application fee in any of the online payment modes. After the processing of the transaction, you will receive an e-receipt. In case the payment fails, you can login using your registered ID and repeat the payment step.
Remember to take the printout of your online application form and e-receipt for future reference.
After you have successfully completed all steps of XAT registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from XLRI Jamshedpur.
Lastly, XAT 2023 Admit Card will be available from December 2022 onwards. It will be provided through online mode only. You have to carry an original photo ID proof and admit card to the exam venue.