XAT is a national-level management test conducted every year by XLRI, on behalf of XAMI. Almost 1 lakh candidates are expected to appear for XAT 2021. Considered as one of the most popular MBA entrance exams, XAT serves as a gateway to admission in various management courses of top B-schools across the country. XAT scores are accepted by 150+ MBA colleges across India.
Over the years, the number of exam applicants is on the rise. The exam is scheduled to be conducted on January 3, 2021. The official XAT 2021 notification has been released and the registration for the same is open until November 30, 2020 (midnight 12). You are required to apply for XAT in an online mode. Generally, XAT application is to be filled in three steps:
Before filling the online form, keep the following documents ready:
- Academic Documents: Marksheets of Class 10th, 12th, Graduation and Master’s degree (if any).
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Work experience certificate/details (if any)
- Scanned Photograph: Scanned passport size photograph in 200 x 230 pixel resolution and file size between 20 KB - 50 KB. (The photograph needs to be in light/white background and face of the candidate must be clearly visible in it.)
- Signature: Scanned copy of candidate’s signature in 200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution and file size between 10 KB - 20 KB. (The signature needs to be on a white paper with a black ink pen.)
- Payment Instruments: Credit /Debit cards/ Net-Banking details. (Alternatively, a DD / Demand Draft No. or Challan No. can also be used for the payment of fee.)
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 1750/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 300/- each.
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT– Rs. 2500/-
- NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
Further, you need to have a valid email address and mobile number to register for XAT 2021.
The detailed XAT registration and application process is discussed as follows:
Step 1- XAT Registration
- Go to the official website (xatonline.net.in) and click on ‘Register Online’/ the tab ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- Carefully, Read all the instructions and click ‘Continue’
- Enter your name, contact details, and email-id. You will receive a user ID & password on email and SMS.
Step 2- Filling the XAT application form
- Log-in using your XAT user ID and password and start filling the application form.
- Basic details
If you are a foreign/NRI applicant, you have to apply through GMAT score only.
- Choose XAT exam center
- Fill your full name
- Select your citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- Program Selection
If you are not interested in any of the XLRI programs, you can skip this step.
- Select the program of your choice (Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP))
- Personal Details
Fill your personal information: name, date of birth, gender, father’s name, mother’s name, category, phone number, etc. (The names & D.O.B should be as per your certificates, marksheets or Identity proof. Any alteration may disqualify your candidature.)
- Educational Details
- Fill up your educational qualifications starting from class X.
- Provide details of your work experience starting from the latest job (if any) Candidates interested in applying to GMP must have total experience of 5 years.
Finally, you are required validate your details and save the application by clicking on ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
Ensure that your scanned photograph and signature is as per the specified dimensions. Click on the “Preview Tab” to check the entire application form before “Final Submit”. Additionally, you may need to upload category and work experience certificates (if any).
Step 3- Fee Payment
The fee structure for XAT applicants is as follows:
You can pay the application fee in three payment modes:
- Online Payment: VISA/Master Credit/Debit Cards/IDBI Net Banking
- Cash Payment: You can take a printout of XAT Pay-In-Slip, visit nearest IDBI bank and make the payment.
- Demand Draft: You can make a DD from any Bank in favor of "XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT" payable at Jamshedpur.
The Confirmation page and the Demand Draft has to be sent to the following address within 15 days of issuance of DD:
The Chairperson Admission,
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
Applicant paying via last two modes need to update the payment details on the registration page. After completing all the steps of registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from XLRI Jamshedpur.
Lastly, XAT 2021 Admit Card will be available from December 20, 2020. It will be provided through online mode only. You are expected to carry an original photo ID proof and admit card to the exam venue.