The Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP) is the gateway to various MBA programs offered by Symbiosis International University (SIU) and B-schools affiliated to it. Candidates are shortlisted for the next round of the admission process on the basis of their academic profile & SNAP Test Score.
The main reason which makes SNAP challenging is that 150 questions have to be attempted in 120 minutes. Another major change that will be witnessed is decrease in the number of questions in the General Awareness section from 40 to 30, and increase in the total number of questions of Analytical and Logical Reasoning from 30 to 40, keeping the number of questions in other two sections same as SNAP 2016. Also from 2017, SNAP will be conducted in an online format.
The given article will give you a clear picture of the exam pattern and topics that are covered in each section and will help you streamline your SNAP preparations.
Following is an overview of SNAP 2017
|Number of Sections||4|
|Mode||SNAP 2017 test will be Online|
|Marks Per Question||1 Mark for each question in all Sections- General English, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, General Awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning.|
|Number of questions||150 questions|
|Total Marks||150 marks|
|Negative Marking||1/4th (25%) of the marks allotted to the question|
|Duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
The sectional division of the test is given in the following table
|Sections||No. of Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||40||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||40||40|
|General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario||30||30|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||40||40|
The main points that you should know before taking exam are:
- The important fact about SNAP is that all the Symbiosis Institutes do not consider the sectional cut- offs. Rather, they release the overall cut- off every year. Hence, you have an edge as you should spend ample time on the areas in which you constantly score well.
- The verbal ability section is a mix of Reading Comprehension, Sentence Completion, Sentence Correction and Error Spotting, Jumbled Paragraphs, Vocabulary based questions, etc. All you need to do is learn the rules and do consistent practice.
- Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency is another section that requires regular practice to score well. This section includes topics like: Probability, Integers, Time, Speed and Distance, Algebra, Mensuration, Permutation and Combination, Data Interpretation (Pie and Bar Graph based). Keeping a tab on time while solving questions based on these topics is very essential. Moreover, you should know short tricks to solve questions in this section.
- The vast array of General Awareness can be best covered by reading newspaper and magazines and also watching English news channels. This will solve the dual purpose of enhancing the General Knowledge and building the vocabulary. General Awareness includes areas like: Economics, Current Government schemes, Organizations, Science & Technology, People in news, Geography, Indian Polity, etc. So, you should devote atleast 30- 45 minutes daily to increase your learning in this section.
- The analytical and logical reasoning section constitutes questions on family tree, syllogisms, cause and effect, linear arrangement, matrix arrangement, input- output, number tree, directions, analogy etc. The level of difficulty of this section fluctuates; so you should master all the concepts and practice on the regular basis to ace your performance.
The best suggestion to boost your preparation for SNAP is to brush all the basic concepts and manage the time well while taking mocks at the regular time intervals.
Free Complete Guide
SNAP and other notifications