SNAP preparation books lay a solid foundation for candidates aspiring to ace the exam and get into a top-level B-school. As there are plenty of books available for SNAP, it is not easy to decide upon the most relevant ones. So, our experts have compiled the best books for each section of SNAP 2023.
"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." ~Dr. Seuss
One of the popular entrance exams, SNAP is taken by over 60,000 MBA aspirants every year. It is conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission to MBA programmes offered by the affiliated institutes. Generally, students spend 3-6 months for SNAP preparation.
But before starting your preparation, you must be aware of the right resources.
SNAP eBooks by Hitbullseye
Considering the needs of aspirants, our expert faculty has collated comprehensive eBooks for SNAP exam preparation. These books shed light on the fundamental and advanced concepts of all the crucial topics of SNAP. Moreover, you will be equipped with a good number of practice questions to bolster your proficiency in each topic. Some of the eBooks lay a special emphasis on the tips, shortcuts and strategy for SNAP-specific questions. Download these eBooks and ace your SNAP exam.
1. Books for General English
This section generally has questions from the following areas: Verbal Reasoning, Vocabulary and Grammar. Many aspirants have found this to be a relatively easy section in SNAP. Listed below are the top SNAP preparation books for General English section:
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay: This book has amazing tips, sample questions, solved examples and a sound strategy to tackle various types of RC & Verbal Ability questions.
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Exams By Sujit Kumar: You will find numerous study material as this book is a comprehensive guide that will help you improve your verbal abilities and prepare for SNAP.
- Target SNAP (English) by Disha Publications: This book is explicitly made for SNAP aspirants and will give you in-depth insight into how to crack the SNAP exam with targeted practice. Also, make sure to check out these books that will help you build a strong vocabulary:
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
As you can observe, most of the books for SNAP exam preparation are the same as that for CAT. This is because the syllabus for such exams is mostly similar.
A particular favourite of the SNAP paper setters are questions on 'Kangaroo Words'. A kangaroo word is one that contains letters of another word, in order, with the same meaning. For example, the word 'allocate' contains the word 'allot'. For more such pairs, you can refer to the list of Kangaroo Words given in our Vocab Builder
2. Books for Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
SNAP exam gives a heavy weightage to Arithmetic. Further, the questions on Data Sufficiency is a little tricky and appear complex, if you are not aware of its different types. Given below are the Maths and DI books for SNAP exam preparation:
- How to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma: You will get more than 40 test papers with complete solutions as well as previous years SNAP papers in this book.
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT – TMH Publication: This book covers all the past as well as probable questions of DI along with tricks to handle each type of question.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal: This book is a favourite and it covers all the major topics of quant. You will also get solutions for over 5000+ questions along with various memory-based questions as per the latest trend of SNAP.
3. Books for Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The Analytical and logical reasoning section is quite a scoring part of SNAP. In this, you need to learn the simple approach to handle complex topics and questions. The following are the reasoning books for SNAP exam preparation:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by R S Aggrawal
- Logical Reasoning book by Arihant Publication
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
Some other books for SNAP Preparation
While the above-mentioned are the best books for SNAP preparation, you may also refer to the following ones to fine-tune your proficiency:
- Map the SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test: 5 mock tests and sample papers by Arihant
- SNAP Guide by Ramesh publication house