One of the popular entrance exams, SNAP is taken by over 60,000 MBA aspirants every year. It is conducted by Symbiosis International University for admission to MBA programmes offered by the affiliated institutes. Generally, students spend 3-6 months for SNAP preparation.
But before starting your preparation, you must be aware of the right resources.
As there are plenty of books available for SNAP, it is not easy to decide upon the most relevant ones. So, our experts have compiled best books for each section of the exam.
SNAP eBooks by Hitbullseye
Considering the needs of aspirants, our expert faculty has collated comprehensive eBooks for SNAP preparation. These books shed light on the fundamental and advanced concepts of all the crucial topics of SNAP. Moreover, you will be equipped with a good number of practice questions to bolster your proficiency in each topic. Some of the eBooks lay a special emphasis on the tips, shortcuts and strategy for SNAP-specific questions. Download these eBooks and ace your SNAP exam.
1. Books for General English
This section generally has questions from the following areas: Verbal Reasoning, Vocabulary and Grammar. Many aspirants have found this to be a relatively easy section in SNAP.
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for CAT by Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay: This book has amazing tips, sample questions, solved examples and a sound strategy to tackle various types of RC & Verbal Ability questions.
- Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability for the CAT and other MBA Entrance Exams By Sujit Kumar: You will find numerous study material as this book is a comprehensive guide that will help you improve your verbal abilities and prepare for SNAP.
- Target SNAP (English) by Disha Publications: This book is explicitly made for SNAP aspirants and will give you in-depth insight into how to crack the SNAP exam with targeted practice. Also, make sure to check out these books that will help you build a strong vocabulary:
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Barron’s Pocket Guide to Vocabulary
A particular favourite of the SNAP paper setters are questions on 'Kangaroo Words'. A kangaroo word is one that contains letters of another word, in order, with the same meaning. For example, the word 'allocate' contains the word 'allot'. For more such pairs, you can refer to the list of Kangaroo Words given in our Vocab Builder
2. Books for Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
SNAP exam gives a heavy weightage to Arithmetic. Further, the questions on Data Sufficiency is a little tricky and appear complex, if you are not aware of its different types.
- How to prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT by Arun Sharma: You will get more than 40 test papers with complete solutions as well as previous years SNAP papers in this book.
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Ability for CAT – TMH Publication: This book covers all the past as well as probable questions of DI along with tricks to handle each type of question.
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal: This book is a favourite and it covers all the major topics of quant. You will also get solutions for over 5000+ questions along with various memory-based questions as per the latest trend of SNAP.
3. Books for Analytical & Logical Reasoning
The Analytical and logical reasoning section is quite a scoring part of SNAP. The following books were compiled with the aim to give you a simple approach to handle complex topics and questions:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by R S Aggrawal
- Logical Reasoning book by Arihant Publication
- How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for CAT by Arun Sharma
Some other books for SNAP Preparation
- Map the SNAP Symbiosis National Aptitude Test: 5 mock tests and sample papers by Arihant
- SNAP Guide by Ramesh publication house
Preparing for the SNAP entrance exam requires studying the right books and taking SNAP mock tests
regularly. This will help you to get acquainted with the actual exam and boost your performance on the big day.