NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is a gateway to a large number of reputed MBA colleges across the country, including Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. It is an online test, which is conducted in several Indian cities.
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern: Key Features
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern has seen a few changes this year. NMAT exam will now be conducted in a revised pattern in two different testing modes – Computer Based Test at Exam Centres and Online-Proctored test from home. Below mentioned details will explain the changes in NMAT 2020 Exam pattern.
|Changes in Registration Window
||September 14, 2020 - November 20, 2020
|Changes in Testing Window
||November 4, 2020 - January 30, 2021
|Total Questions/Allotted Time in Language Skills Section
||36 Questions/28 Minutes
|Total Questions/Allotted Time in Quantitative Skills Section
||36 Questions/52 Minutes
|Total Questions/Allotted Time in Logical Reasoning Section
||36 Questions/40 Minutes
From this year onwards other B-schools like, Alliance University, VIT University, Thapar School of Management, ICFAI Business School (IBS) and Shoolini University will accept NMAT scores.
Following is the NMAT Exam Pattern:
||No. of Questions
||Time (in Minutes)
NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern: Key Highlights
- Questions in the NMAT exam are selected from the question bank for the examinee based on their level of performance in the previously
answered questions. The questions that candidates receive are targeted based on the ability level of the aspirant.
- The NMAT 2020 Exam will be conducted in two different testing modes – Computer-based Test at Exam Centres and Online-Proctored Exam from Home.
- All the questions in the exam will be Multiple Choice Types (MCQ).
- One of the distinctive features of NMAT 2020 Exam Pattern is that the Test Taker has the power to choose the order of sections. Moreover,
NMAT Exam Pattern strictly expects the candidates to follow the order once they have selected it.
- Each of the three sections of NMAT 2020 Exam is individually timed. Therefore, the candidate must complete the respective section in the allotted time of each section.
- There is no negative marking in NMAT exam. So, the candidate can attempt the questions instead of skipping them by using their calculated guess without any fear of penalties for every wrong answer.
- Another unique feature of the exam pattern is the Uniform Marking System. For every right answer candidates will be rewarded with 1 mark
and for un-attempted and wrong answers, there will be no penalty.
- However, if one candidate closes a section after completing it they will not be able to review it again. Therefore, candidates must review each section within the allotted time.
- In case a candidate completes the section before the section time gets over, the balance time of the given section is not added to the next
section(s). The next section has its own time limits and needs to be completed in the allotted sectional time only.
- The major advantage of NMAT is that the aspirant can take the NMAT 2020 exam three time in a given admission cycle. By this, candidates
can improve their score to get admissions to the top B-schools.
- Also, the candidate gets the opportunity to schedule the test date, time, and test centre location.