NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) is a gateway to a large number of reputed MBA colleges across the country, including Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. It is an online test, which is conducted in several Indian cities.
There are few special features, which make the NMAT different from other MBA entrance exams. These are:
- It has a 75-day Testing Window in which the students can book a test slot.
- In a given year, students can take the exam thrice.
- There is no negative marking.
- Students can select the order in which they can attempt the sections.
- Each section is individually timed; candidates are not allowed to switch between various sections of the exam.
Free Complete Guide
NMAT and other notifications
From this year onwards other B-schools like, Alliance University,VIT University, Thapar School of Management, ICFAI Business School (IBS) and Shoolini University will also accept NMAT scores.
Following is the NMAT Exam Pattern:
||No. of Questions
||Time (in Minutes)
Comparative Analysis of Number of Questions and Time Allotted for Each Section
A few important points students should note regarding the exam are:
- NMAT is a comparative exam and not self – performance oriented, i.e., it is important for you to perform well relative to other candidates in each of the 3 sections of the test as the score of each section and the overall score will be used to shortlist the candidate for the second stage of the selection process as well as in the final ranking.
- Candidates will get admission if they meet the required standards of a two-stage selection process. All eligible candidates are required to appear for the computer based NMAT to be conducted across the country. Short listed candidates will have to appear for group discussion and personal interview, which will be held in Mumbai only.
- NMAT is a computer-delivered test where each candidate gets a randomly generated exam from a pool of questions. The number of questions, difficulty levels and the time limit for each of the sections is predetermined and, under normal administration conditions, are the same regardless of when and where the test is administered. The test is non-adaptive in which the computer will display questions one at a time.
- In NMAT, candidates can choose the order of three test sections. Each section has an allotted section time and the candidate has to complete the section including answering and reviewing the questions in the given section time limit.
- Each of the three sections have individual section timings and candidates are supposed to answer and review the questions of a particular section within the allotted section time.
- In case a candidate completes the section before the section time gets over, the balance time of the given section is not added to the next section(s). The next section has its own time limits and needs to be completed in the allotted sectional time only.
- The NMAT is a computer-based test conducted over a period of 10 weeks.
- You can select your test date and slot based on choice and availability.
- Test Centers: The NMAT exam will be delivered at 27 centers in 18 cities throughout India. Some cities will have multiple test centers to choose from. The NMAT is not offered at any international location.