The NMIMS Management Aptitude Test is a gateway to a large number of reputed B-Schools in the country, including the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies. NMAT is a computer based test. The NMAT has 3 sections, namely, Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. The time for each section of NMAT is fixed and the candidate can move on to the next section only after completing the previous section.
In the verbal section, there are 32 questions and the time for this section is 22 minutes. In the Quantitative Ability Section 48 questions have to be completed in 60 minutes. In the Logical Reasoning Section, there are 40 Questions and the time limit is 38 minutes.
NMAT has certain peculiar features, which make it different from other exams:
- There is no Negative Marking
- The candidate can select the order of the sections
- It is a speed driven exam wherein, 120 Questions have to be attempted in 120 Minutes.
This means that the most significant aspect of this exam is time management. In order to do well in this exam, a student needs to practice Mock Tests based on previous year papers.
In order to crack the exam, you must follow a two-fold approach. Firstly, you should clear the basics of all the topics which are relevant for the exam. Secondly, it is very important that you must solve a lot of NMAT mock tests since mock tests simulate real exam like environment and check the application of the basic concepts. Along with taking mock tests, it is also very important to analyze the test.
Keep in mind the following tips while attempting and analyzing NMAT Mock Tests:
- You must have a clear strategy in your mind before starting a mock test.
- You can even try different strategies for different mock tests and check which one gives the best result.
- Analyzing your mock test is very important, Identify your areas of strength and weakness
- Check whether the mistakes you are making, are due to lack of focus and concentration or conceptual ambiguity.
- If you are observing any particular pattern or mistake in the mock tests, it would be fairly easier for you to rectify it after identifying the cause of the error.
Mock exams provide an insight about your preparations and help you focus on key strategic points like performance, strengths, speed, technique and pattern of questions. Therefore, make it a point to attempt NMAT Mock Tests regularly. Also, a considerable time should be spent in analyzing the performances thereafter. Hitbullseye.com provides you with in-depth analysis of your performance in the NMAT Mock Tests. This will help you identify strong and weak areas, and streamline your preparations. By practicing more and more mock tests students will be able to enhance their performance!