NMAT 2020 conducted by GMAC is a national-level exam, which is accepted by top management colleges like VIT Vellore, NMIMS Mumbai, SPJIMR Mumbai and other MBA Colleges in India as a part of their admission procedure. Registrations for NMAT 2020 have started and the exam is scheduled from November 4, 2020 to January 30, 2021.
For the session 2020, there are a few changes made in the NMAT Exam pattern and Syllabus. To have a great preparation, a candidate must be aware of the revised exam pattern and syllabus. After the revised NMAT 2020 Syllabus was released, GMAC along with it released preparation guides for NMAT 2020 aspirants.
NMAT 2020: Exam Composition (Revised)
||No. of Questions
||Time (in Minutes)
NMAT Syllabus 2020 is divided into three sections of 36 questions each. The allotted time limit of all the sections is different.
NMAT 2020: Syllabus (Revised)
NMAT Syllabus for Language Skills
The Language Skills section covers the topics that test a candidate’s Verbal ability, Reading Comprehension and English Language Skills. The section will have 36 questions and has to be completed within 28 minutes.
Major topics spread in this section are:
- Choose the correct preposition
- Identify the error
- Comprehension passages
Tips to ace NMAT Language Skills Section
- The section will focus on three areas – Comprehension, Grammar and Vocabulary.
- There will be 36 questions, which are to be completed in 28 minutes.
- Candidate must manage time carefully while appearing for Reading Comprehension questions as it can be time consuming.
- Practice each of the areas thoroughly to manage time.
- Read newspaper daily to get hold of vocabulary.
- Try to solve as many sample papers and mock tests you can.
NMAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
The section involves questions based on areas like Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Critical Reasoning. Reasoning section NMAT is designed to test candidates reasoning and analytical ability. The questions are based n varied topics like:
- Statement and Argument
- Statement and Inference
- Statement and Assumption
- Blood Relations
- Coding Questions
- Critical Reasoning
- Symbol Based Questions
- Other types of reasoning questions
Tips to ace NMAT Logical Reasoning Section
- To score well in this section, you must take time and analyze all the questions.
- The questions in this section test your analytical and reasoning skills, which will enhances your decision making skills.
- Candidate must spend sufficient time practicing Logical Reasoning questions, as you cannot just assume.
- Solve Mock tests and sample papers to analyze your performance and practice.
NMAT Syllabus for Quantitative Skills Section
The section covers all the topics based on mathematics. The section contains 36 questions and the time allotted for this section is 52 minutes. The level of difficulty will be moderate to difficult. The section not just contains questions based on Quant but from other topics too like
Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
Questions in this section are based on topics like:
- Data Interpretation
- Modern Mathematics
Tips to ace NMAT Quantitative Skills Section