The NMAT by GMAC is an entrance exam conducted by the organization that owns the GMAT exam. It is accepted by the leading business schools in India for giving admissions to various management courses.
While you are preparing for MBA entrance exams, you are often faced with a dilemma- Which tests should you appear in to get into a prestigious B-school? NMAT by GMAC is one such test which fits the case.
And why is it so?
- You are able to give your best with confidence as NMAT allows you to take the test thrice in an admission cycle.
- It allows you to choose the order in which you respond to each of the sections on the test. This allows you to play to your strengths.
- It has the scheme of no negative marking in line with global practices.
What is the structure of NMAT?
NMAT by GMAC exam has three sections: Language Skills, Quantitative Skills and Logical Reasoning. There is a separate timing for each section. Candidates need to answer questions of each section within the allotted section time. If you have completed the section you can move on to the next section. Once you complete a particular section or the time runs out, you can’t return to that section.
|Section||No. of Questions||Allotted Time|
|Language Skills||32||22 minutes|
|Quantitative Skills||48||60 minutes|
|Logical Reasoning||40||38 minutes|
These sections correspond to the sections in CAT and the syllabus is also the same. For each correct answer, you will be awarded with 3 marks. There is no negative marking for incorrect answers.
When is NMAT held?
NMAT is held over a 75-day window in the months of October-December. So you can book a slot as per your convenience. The registrations begin in the month of July and end in the month of October. You can also reschedule your test in case you feel you feel that you’ll not be able to appear in the same.
The NMAT by GMAC also allows you to retake the test for a maximum of three times. So in case you don’t fare out well in the first attempt, you have the option of retaking the test. You can do so after a period of 15 days post your most recent attempt.
Who can appear in NMAT?
There are no particular criteria set by GMAC for appearing in the NMAT exam. The NMAT by GMAC follows the criteria set by the respective institutes where the candidate is applying. So before registering for NMAT you must check whether you fulfill the criteria set by colleges where you want to apply.
Dream destinations that you can reach via NMAT
NMAT was earlier only accepted by Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, (Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad) for their management courses but now since NMAT is conducted by GMAC so it’s accepted by other leading institutes. Fine the list below.
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- MISB Bocconi, Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- BSE Institute Limited
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- VIT University, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad