NMAT by GMAC is a national level exam conducted for admission to MBA programmes in various institutes under NMIMS University and various other colleges. Last year, 88,000 candidates took NMAT by GMAC exam. NMIMS Mumbai, ranked amongst the top B-schools in India, accepts only NMAT by GMAC exam score.
The NMAT notification is already out and the registration process began on July 3rd. The last date to register is October 3rd. There is also a two-week window for late registration. The test can also be rescheduled after booking.
Applicants may take the test in the window period from October 4th, 2018 to December 17th, 2018 for a maximum of 3 times, with a minimum period of 15 days between successive attempts. In case of multiple attempts, the best of three scores will be considered.
NMAT Registration process
The important dates for NMAT online registration are:
|NMAT by GMAC 2018 Registration
||3rd July, 2018
||3rd October 2018
|NMAT by GMAC Exam Delivery
||4th October, 2018
||17th December, 2018
|NMAT by GMAC Late Registration
||4th October 2018
||16th October 2018
|NMAT by GMAC Rescheduling
||3rd July 2018
||14th December 2018
You must register and pay for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam before scheduling a test date and location.
Steps for Online NMAT Registration
Here lies a detailed guide on how to fill the NMAT application from-
- Create an account on nmat.org.in using a valid email address.
- Provide contact information, personal, educational and work experience, the list of programmes to send scores, and the ID that you will use at the test centre. Indicate your interest in participating in a search service and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Your name and date of birth that you enter on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo and Signature ID.
- Choose the schools to send your scores under the "Schools Preference" section. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. An additional fee of INR 200 + applicable taxes will be applied for each programme added in excess of 5 programs.
- You must upload a photograph that bears likeness to you and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on the admit card that you must bring.
- Pay the test fee.
- Once your payment is realized, your schedule exam option will be activated in your dashboard, so that you can go ahead and schedule your exam.
- You will be able to download your admit card from your dashboard once the payment is realized.
How to reschedule your NMAT exam?
In case you cannot appear in the slot you have booked for your NMAT exam, there is always a reschedule possible! You can reschedule your test slot 72 hours prior to your original appointment. But you can pay for your reschedule using credit card only.
How to go about retaking your NMAT exam?
You are allowed to take the NMAT by GMAC exam for a total of three times during the testing period. This includes the first attempt plus a maximum of two retake attempts. No shows are considered attempts.
The option to retake the test will be available in your dashboard after you take your first attempt. All you need to do is click on the Retest section and pay the retest fee. Once your registration for the retake is complete and retake registration fees is realized you will be able to schedule your retake exam. There is no need to fill your details again.
But you can register for a retake of your NMAT exam only 15 or more days after your most recent attempt. You can schedule your test any time during the retake scheduling window. You will be able to select any slot that is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time you schedule your appointment.
Now that you are well acquainted with the registration process you can easily do so when the time comes. Make sure you fill in your details correctly as sensitive identity information like Name; DOB etc cannot be edited after submitting the NMAT application form. Also start the registration process well on time so that you don’t miss the deadline.
For more resources on how to prepare for NMAT logon to mba.hitbullseye.com/NMAT