NMAT by GMAC is a national-level exam conducted for admission to MBA programmes in various institutes under NMIMS University and some other colleges in India, Morocco, South Africa, Philippines, and Nigeria. Owing to the flexibility in exam scheduling and lenient marking scheme, more and more candidates appear for NMAT every year. The exam is held in a specified test window that begins October and ends in December.
NMAT 2021 notification
is released on the official site. The registration begins in August and ends in November 2021. For the retake scheduling, the registration continues until December 2021. Besides, you can also reschedule your dates within the given registration period. In this article, you will learn about the detailed procedure for NMAT 2021 registration and related information.
NMAT is a computer-adaptive objective test designed to evaluate the general aptitude of the candidate. NMAT 2021 test schedule commences from October 14 and continues till December 27, 2021. You can appear thrice in NMAT with a minimum period of 15 days between successive attempts. In case of multiple attempts, the best of the three scores are considered. Further, you are required to perform well in all sections of NMAT, since most B-schools follow the criteria of both overall and sectional NMAT cut-offs
You must register and pay for the NMAT by GMAC™ exam before scheduling a test date and location.
Steps for Online NMAT Registration
Here is the detailed guide on how to fill the NMAT application from:
- Go to register.nmat.org and create your account using a valid email address.
- Provide the requisite details (contact information, personal, educational, work experience, programmes to send scores, and the ID to use at the test centre). Your entered name and date of birth on the registration form must exactly match the name and date of birth on your Photo ID and Signature ID. Further, you may show interest in participating in a search service and agree to the stated terms and conditions.
- Choose the schools to send your scores to, under the "Schools Preference" section. Up to 5 programmes are included in your registration fee. For the rest, an additional fee will be charged
- Upload a photograph that most closely resembles your present self and the photograph on your Photo ID. This photograph will be included on your admit card.
- Pay the required test fee.
- Once your payment is complete, your 'schedule/book exam' option gets activated in your dashboard, so that you can schedule your test and book the desired slot after 24 hours of booking.
- Select the mode of exam you want to appear for: at test-centre or online-proctored at home. Remember that you cannot choose a different mode while rescheduling, but you can select a different mode for your next attempt.
- In case of the first mode of attempt, you will be asked to choose a city, test center, test date, and country. For the second mode, you have to fill the 'my profile' section before scheduling your test date and slot.
You can download your admit card from your dashboard after the payment processed and received.
NMAT 2021 - Registration Fee
For NMAT Application, you are required to pay a specified fee via any of the following online modes: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Debit card, Internet banking, or Diners Club. Given below are the required payments for NMAT registration 2021:
- Early Registration: Rs. 2300 + applicable taxes
- Late Registration: Rs. 2800 + applicable taxes
- Retake Registration: Rs. 2300 + applicable taxes
- Additional Programs (beyond five): Rs. 300 + applicable taxes
- Rescheduling Fee: Rs. 1200 + applicable taxes
NMAT 2021 - Rescheduling
In case you cannot appear in the slot you have booked for your NMAT exam, there is always a reschedule possible! You can reschedule your test slot 72 hours prior to your original appointment. But you can pay for your reschedule using credit card only.
NMAT 2021 - Retakes
You are allowed to take the NMAT by GMAC exam for a total of three times during the testing period. This includes the first attempt plus a maximum of two retake attempts. No shows are also counted as attempts.
The option to retake the test will be available in your dashboard after you complete your first attempt. Here, you will need to click on the Retest section and pay the corresponding fee. Once your registration for the retake is complete and its fees is processed, you will be able to schedule the retake test.
Note that you can register for a retake of your NMAT exam only 15 or more days after your previous attempt. You can schedule your test any time during the retake scheduling window. You will be able to select any slot that is a minimum of 24 hours later than the time you schedule your appointment.
Now that you are well acquainted with the registration process you can easily do so when the time comes. Make sure you fill in your details correctly as sensitive identity information like Name; DOB etc cannot be edited after submitting the NMAT application form. Also start the registration process well on time so that you don’t miss the deadline.
For more resources on how to prepare for NMAT log on to mba.hitbullseye.com/NMAT