CMAT is the gateway to a large number of reputed AICTE approved colleges. CMAT is conducted only once a year since 2016-17. CMAT 2021 was conducted on 31st March 2021 in two shifts. CMAT 2022 is tentatively supposed to be conducted in January 2022. CMAT is an online exam and the duration of the exam is 180 minutes and the candidates who have opted for the additional section namely “Innovation and Entrepreneurship” will get 30 minutes extra.
Keeping in mind the difficulty level and peculiar characteristics of the exam, the best way to prepare for the exam is by solving previous year papers. Since CMAT is an online exam and the examiners do not release the actual paper, our team of experts has designed mock tests based on the actual previous year papers. These mock tests replicate the exam pattern, level of difficulty, important topics etc. as seen in the actual CMAT. As far as possible, actual CMAT questions have also been included in these tests, based on memory.
There are four sections in the test. The sections are: Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness. There are 25 questions in each section. NTA has introduced a revised exam pattern for CMAT 2021, which will now include an optional section of Innovation & Entrepreneurship for students opting for the same subject. The section will include 25 questions and candidates opting this section will be given additional 30 minutes. There is no sectional time limit and candidates can switch between different sections. Each correct answer carries four marks and for each incorrect answer one mark will be deducted.
Benefits of previous years’ Question Papers
- If you want to succeed in your CMAT examination, then previous years’ exam question papers are the way to go. It can be very challenging if you attempt the exam without knowing what is in it. If you want a good revision, then solving CMAT previous years’ examination comes to your mind. Here are other benefits that come with solving last years’ question papers:
- Familiarity with Syllabus- Solving previous years’ question papers for CMAT gives the candidate a crisp idea about the exam syllabus. The questions would help an aspirant to prepare for the important topics for a particular subject of the CMAT examination. Hence, a quick revision of the CMAT topics can be done.
- Know the Marking Scheme- Having an idea about the CMAT question paper marking scheme is a must. Apart from the Mock Tests, even question papers can help a candidate know which section has how much marks allotted to them. Knowing the weightage of each section helps a candidate to prepare well for the examination.
- Discover & Avoid Mistakes- Previous Years’ question papers can help the candidate identify some common mistakes they can do in their final exams. They can eliminate the probability of making those silly mistakes in the final CMAT examination if they attempt the previous years’ question papers.
- Managing Time- Time management is the essence of clearing all entrance examinations. Although a good schedule and planning help manage time efficiently, solving previous years’ question papers also adds to time management skills. The more a candidate practices, faster they will solve the final CMAT exam.
- Confidence Build-Up- The key to clearing the CMAT examination is to have a lot of confidence, so that the candidate does not waiver from their final goal. Knowing the concept of the previous years’ question papers helps the candidate boost up their confidence, which is vital for clearing the entrance exam.
The next step after taking these tests is to analyse your performance in all the sections. After knowing your weak and strong areas, you must revise the topics you are weak in. You must remember that only practice will not be fruitful without the correct knowledge of the various concepts. Thus, focus on revising the basics of all topics first and then practicing as many mock tests as possible.
We believe that these tips and strategies are helpful in order to create a well-defined strategy for CMAT 2022 preparation plan.