Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national-level computer-based management entrance test conducted by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), India. The test is held once a year in the month of January. The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
Candidates have to fulfill the following set of CMAT eligibility conditions to appear in the exam:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- Candidates in the Final year of their graduation (10+2 +3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2019-20 can also apply.
- There is no age limit for applying in the CMAT entrance exam.
- The CMAT notification will be out in the month of August/September. The registration will start from 1st November 2018. The courses offered by various institutes accepting CMAT scores include:
- PGDM-Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- MBA-Masters in Business Administration
- PGCM-Post Graduate Course in Management
The popular colleges which accept the CMAT score are:
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Institute for Financial Management and Research, Sri City
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
CMAT is an important exam as its score is accepted by various prestigious national-level and state-level MBA institutes. Till 2015, CMAT was held twice in a year but from 2016, the practice was abolished as AICTE decided to hold the exam once a year on the third Sunday of January. For more details on the CMAT eligibility criteria you can log on to http://www.aicte-cmat.in
Note: Remember the 2019 CMAT entrance exam will most probably be conducted on 28th January 2019. So check your eligibility before you apply and submit your online form.