Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national-level computer-based management entrance test conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) India. CMAT 2022 will be tentatively conducted in January 2022. CMAT in the year 2021, was conducted on 31st March, 2021. The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
Before taking the CMAT test, candidates must have a bachelor's degree in any field from a recognised university or college. The aspirant in the final year examinations in graduation will also be considered as valid candidates appearing for the exam.
Candidates have to fulfill the following set of CMAT eligibility conditions to appear in the exam:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India
- The candidate must possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in any discipline.
- The candidate must have obtained at least 50% (45% in case of candidate belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying Examination.
- Candidates in the Final year of their graduation (10+2 +3) whose result will be declared before commencement of admission for academic year 2022-23 can also apply.
- There is no age limit for applying in the CMAT entrance exam.
- The online registration for CMAT 2022 will begin from November 2021 with successful fee submission. The courses offered by various institutes accepting CMAT scores include:
- PGDM-Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- MBA-Masters in Business Administration
- PGCM-Post Graduate Course in Management
Important changes introduced in 2021 by National Testing Agency (NTA) for CMAT examination:
- NTA has increased the total number of centres from 109 to 153
- A new optional section has been introduced in CMAT by NTA namely, ‘Innovation & Entrepreneurship’ for 25 marks
- The fees for candidates has been increased for Males Rs 1600 to Rs 2000, for SC/ ST/ PwD/ Female Rs 700 to Rs 1000, for SC/ ST/ PwD/ Male Rs 800 to Rs 1000 and for Transgender Rs 700 to Rs 1000
The new changes for the year 2022 CMAT examination are yet to be notified by the NTA. Till then, we have tentative changes from the previous year.
The popular colleges which accept the CMAT score are:
- Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai
- Institute for Financial Management and Research, Sri City
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai
- Goa Institute of Management, Goa
- Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- Balaji Institute of Modern Management, Pune
- VIT Business School, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
If the candidates think that they meet the eligibility criteria like age, qualification, and other eligibility criteria then they can go ahead and apply for CMAT 2022. The most important CMAT 2022 eligibility criterion is that the candidate should be an Indian citizen.
Candidates have to make sure that they enter the examination hall with CMAT admit card for which they have to apply on the official website. Once the candidate has filled up CMAT 2022 application form, they will receive the admit card. Along with, CMAT admit card, candidate is supposed to take their ID cards with them to the examination center.
CMAT is an important exam as its score is accepted by various prestigious national-level and state-level MBA institutes. For more details on the CMAT eligibility criteria you can log on to cmat.nta.nic.in.
Note: Remember the CMAT 2022 entrance exam will be tentatively conducted in January 2022. So keep checking this section for latest updates about the exam.