CMAT is an entrance exam conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) for admissions to various national and state-owned MBA colleges as well as some private MBA institutes. In 2023, CMAT is expected to be held in March/April 2023.
The exam is gaining popularity as there is cut-throat competition in CAT and it becomes really difficult to get into a top-ranked B-school through CAT scores. In this scenario, more and more candidates are opting for CMAT due to its lesser difficulty level. CMAT exam score is accepted by all AICTE-Approved Institutions/University Departments/Constituent Colleges/Affiliated Colleges.
The online registration for CMAT 2023 will likeley begin in January/ February 2023.
In this article we will discuss the CMAT registration process in detail.
CMAT Registration Process:
Step 1: Online Registration
To register online, log on to cmat.nta.nic.in. You would need the following while registering for the exam:
- A valid e-mail ID which you will be using at least for the next six months. All communication will be done on this e-mail ID which you will enter while registering for CMAT exam.
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number.
- You need to upload your scanned photo while registering which should be of size 140 x 160 (less than 60Kb). The photograph should not be older than 6 months.
- You need to upload your scanned signature. The size of this signature file should be 60 x 90 (less than 30Kb).
- A valid Credit/ Debit card in case you want to pay online.
- A Printer connected to your system as you will have to print 3 copies of Challan in case you are planning to pay by cash at the bank.
Step 2: Payment
Payment for your online form can be made in 2 ways:
1) You can select online payment mode and then pay using Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking.
2) Cash Payment in any of the designated SBI bank branch. On selecting this option, you will see a challan on your screen with your details already filled in it. Take three print outs of this challan, fill in the details and submit it to your nearest SBI bank branch with cash on the next day. Cash Deposit will be accepted only from the next day of your challan generation.
Step 3: Completing the registration
Once your payment is successfully done, you will receive a confirmation via E-mail and SMS. Once you have received the successful payment confirmation, you can proceed with the remaining part of the registration process, requiring you to fill in your educational and work experience details.
Step 4: Download the Admit Card
Information about admit card will be available on the CMAT official website. Students can then download the admit card as per the mentioned date.
Other documents that you might need
There are certain documents that you’ll need while filling the form:
- Marksheets of class 10th, 12th, bachelor’s degree/diploma and higher education, if any.
- Work experience certificate, if applicable.
- Applicable Certificates required to be uploaded (for example: caste certificate, disability certificate etc.)
- Fee payment instruments to pay CMAT exam fee – Debit/Credit cards, Net banking, etc.
Fill your CMAT application form very carefully since you cannot edit the form once you press the final submit button. Also fill certain basic fields like Name, DOB and Category with caution as these cannot be changed once you save them, even if you haven’t submitted the form.
Register for the CMAT exam well on time to not miss the deadline and also don’t err in hurry.