Every year, All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) conducts Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), a national level entrance examination as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. It is a three-hour computer based online test which is conducted in a single session and the candidate has to fill the application form by visiting the official website. The candidate's ability is evaluated across various segments like Quantitative Technique, Logical Reasoning, Language Comprehension and General Awareness.
The CMAT score is accepted by all AICTE- Approved University / Departments/ Affiliated Colleges. This year, CMAT will be conducted in the second last or last week of January 2019.
The courses offered by various institutes accepting CMAT scores include:
- PGDM-Post Graduate Diploma in Management
- MBA-Masters in Business Administration
- PGCM-Post Graduate Course in Management
Important Dates: (Tentative)
|Registration Start Date||Third week of October 2018|
|Registration End Date||Third week of December 2018|
|Admit Card Download Date||First week of January 2019|
|Date of CMAT 2019 Exam||Third/Last week of January 2019|
|Declaration of CMAT 2019 Result||February 2019|
CMAT 2019 Pattern
The online test will have the following four sections, to be attempted in 180 minutes:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Quantitative Techniques and Data Interpretation||25||100|
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Graduates in any discipline can apply for CMAT Exam.
- Final year students of Graduate Courses (10+2+3) whose result will be declared before the commencement of the academic year 2019-2020 can also apply for the same.
Step 1: Online Registration
To register online, log on to http://www.aicte-cmat.in. You would need the following while registering for the exam:
- A valid e-mail ID which you will be using at least for the next six months. All communication will be done on this e-mail ID which you will enter while registering for CMAT exam.
- A valid mobile number as all information via SMS will be sent to this number.
- You need to upload your scanned photo while registering of size 140 x 160 (less than 60Kb)
- You need to upload your scanned signature. The size of this signature file should be 60 x 90 (less than 30Kb).
- A valid Credit/ Debit card in case you want to pay online.
- A Printer connected to your system as you will have to print 3 copies of Challlan in case you are planning to pay by cash at the bank.
Step 2: Payment
Payment for your online form can be made in 2 ways:
1) You can select online payment mode and then pay using Credit card/ Debit card/ Net Banking.
2) Cash Payment in any of the designated SBI bank branch. On selecting this option, you will see a challan on your screen with your details already filled in it. Take three print outs of this challan, fill in the details and submit it to your nearest SBI bank branch with cash on the next day. Cash Deposit will be accepted only from the next day of your challan generation.
Step 3: Completing the registration
Once your payment is successfully done, you will receive a confirmation via E-mail and SMS. Once you have received the successful payment confirmation, you can proceed with the remaining part of registration process which would require you to fill in your educational and work experience details.
Step 4: Download the Admit Card
You can download your admit card from the official CMAT website from January 2018 onwards.