Couldn’t make it to 90 percentile in CAT? Don’t worry! It is not the end of options for your MBA/PGDM dreams!
Today, we live in a world of innumerable options, in terms of a variety of specialisations as well as career choices. 70-80 percentile is considered a moderate score in CAT, so be assured that you are already above average. Considering the ROI, faculty, infrastructure, and global exposure opportunities offered by B-schools in India, it is recommended to take up the preferred MBA course if you can’t afford to drop a year or two.
The majority of colleges accepting 70-80 percentile in CAT are autonomous institutes, university-affiliated institutes, or private colleges. In this article, we have provided a list of top MBA colleges that accept CAT scores in the range of 70-80 percentile, in two categories:
B-schools Accepting 75-80 Percentile in CAT
Here is a list of MBA colleges that tend to shortlist CAT-takers with 75-80 percentile:
- Birla Institute of Management and Technology (BIMTECH), Noida
- Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai
- Institute of Financial Management and Research (IFMR), Chennai
- Institute of Management, Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship (XIME), Bengaluru
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Hyderabad
- Alliance School of Business, Bengaluru
- International Management Institute (IMI), Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Ghaziabad
B-schools Accepting 70-75 Percentile in CAT
Following is the list of colleges that tend to accept candidates with 70-75 percentile in CAT:
- Indus Business Academy (IBA), Bengaluru
- Jagan Institute of Management Studies (JIMS), Delhi
- International School of Business and Media (ISBM), Pune
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
- Pondicherry University
What After Getting Shortlisted?
Applicants hoping to get into the best institutions with a CAT cut-off 70+ percentile need to be adequately prepared for the screening process. In addition to taking the CAT, some business schools also have their own entrance exams. For this, you need to check their official websites and also learn about their admission criteria.
If you are adequately prepared and have passed the GE/GD-PI-WAT round, gaining admission to an MBA programme at a college with a 70+ percentile in CAT is not really tough. Therefore, get ready in order to succeed in getting into the business schools of your choice.
FAQs about ‘Colleges Accepting 70-80 Percentile in CAT’
- Can I get a good college with 80 percentile in CAT?
Yes, there are a sufficient number of reputed colleges that have a CAT cut-off of 75-80 percentile. For instance, Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), Chennai; Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA); National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela; National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy; etc. So, you will be able to get into a good college with 80 percentile in CAT, provided you also perform well in subsequent selection rounds like GD, WAT, and PI.
- Is 70 percentile in CAT good?
70 percentile indicates a moderate level of performance in CAT. While there are several decent B-schools that accept candidates with 70 percentile in CAT, you may also think upon giving another attempt at CAT in case you only want to get into a premier management institute. However, ultimately, your placements and career growth depend upon your efforts and skills gained during the course. So, either way, you can have a promising future ahead.
- What percentile is 47 marks in CAT?
47 marks in CAT is generally equivalent to 85-90 percentile, which is an amazing performance. With such a percentile, you have a great chance of getting shortlisted by the IITs, SPJIMR, TAPMI, NITIE, FSM, GLIM, GIM, IMI, LBSIM, and other such institutes.
- What is the lowest cutoff for IIM?
The CAT cut-off is usually lowest for new and baby IIMs like IIM Visakhapatnam, IIM Amritsar, IIM Jammu, IIM Sirmaur, etc. Typically, the cut-off is 97-99 percentile for old IIMs and 93-95 percentile for the new IIMs.
- What are the baby IIMs?
Baby IIMs refer to the ones that were established in the 21st century. These include IIM Amritsar, IIM Bodh Gaya, IIM Nagpur, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, and IIM Visakhapatnam. Like New IIMs, most baby IIMs conduct admissions through CAP (Common Admission Process).