Every year Indian Institute of Management (IIM) conducts Common Admission Test (CAT) on the rotational basis. CAT is a computer based test held annually for admissions in elite B-Schools in India. A seat in these institutions promises high pay-packages and a rewarding career in the corporate world. As such, CAT remains one of the most competitive examinations and attracts graduates from all streams. The score is not only accepted by the IIMs, but also by other 100+ top notch B- Schools across the country. Approximately 4,000 seats are offered by the IIMs.
In order to succeed in CAT, proper time management and devising the practice to solve the question with the tricks and shortcuts will help you to ace the test and score well. Though the official registration of CAT starts in the month of August and the test takes place in November, we bring you the tentative dates of the commencement of the CAT (based on previous year actual dates) so that you have a fair idea about CAT and plan your preparation accordingly.
The following article gives you the tentative details about CAT 2017
CAT Important Dates:
|Notification release date
||30 July 2017
||9 August 2017
|Last date for Online Registration
||20 September 2017
|Issue of Admit Card
||18 October 2017
|CAT 2017 Exam date
||26 November 2017
Simplified guidelines to register online for CAT 2017 Free
- Know all about the registration process for CAT 2017
- Details about the various sections of the application form
- Things you need while applying like important documents, photographs etc.
- Know all about the payment options while applying
CAT 2017- Exam Pattern
There are no new changes as of now in the CAT 2017 examination structure. Like previous years, there will be three sections - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Ability. The duration of the test will be 180 minutes. CAT is conducted in an online mode.
- 3 Sections - Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Ability (QA).
- Total number of questions - 100 in 180 minutes.
- 1 hour limit for each section.
- No negative marking for Non-MCQs.
- No provision of shifting between the sections.
- Online calculator to be a part of the exam again.
||No. of Non- MCQ Questions
||No. of MCQ Questions
||Total Questions in each Section
||Total Time Allotted
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
|Quantitative Ability (QA)
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
5 must do's for CAT Aspirants during notification stage Free
- Learn about steps for a hassle free registration
- 5 must do’s to make it easier for you to register online
- What you should be doing while registering for CAT 2017
- CAT eligibility criteria, exam pattern and other FAQs answered
CAT Eligibility Criteria:
- Bachelor's degree with minimum 50% marks from recognized University/ Institutions.
- Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disability (PWD) categories must have at least 45% marks.
CAT Application Process:
Follow these instructions to register for CAT 2017:
- Register yourself on the website, www.iimcat.ac.in to create your user profile.
- On successful registration, a unique CAT 2017 user ID and Password will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Using this ID, login and fill the CAT application form. The details have to be filled in 5 sections of the form. In the last section of the form, payment is done. You can pay using Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card.
- Also, upload your photograph, signature and other necessary documents as per the given specifications.
- You can give up to 4 cities as your preferred test centre. However, the exam center will be assigned once the registration process ends.