There are several reasons why individuals pursue MBA. Due to the rapidly changing business environment, the need for qualified management personnel has increased. Nowadays an MBA in finance has a promising career. The companies assess the candidate on many parameters. Candidates equipped with an MBA degree are in a better position to handle the challenges of the corporate world. Some individuals perceive an MBA as a means for career advancement. Many others wish to open their business ventures and for some individuals doing MBA helps in the change of career paths. Students pursuing Masters of Business Management can specialize in many fields. MBA course offers specialization in many areas, namely, marketing, human resources, finance, operations, information system etc. Financial advisors project future challenges and risks in the business environment only if they have a thorough knowledge of the financial aspects of a particular organization. Therefore to do MBA in finance would be a prudent decision.
Why MBA in Finance?
There are many factors that management aspirants keep in mind while deciding the area of specialization. The curriculum is designed in a way that understanding of factors related to the local and global economy is enhanced. The implications of mergers and acquisitions in the corporate world are assessed for future action plan to be taken by the management. An MBA youth who has studied Finance, then he has the option of carving a career path in any of the following sectors-capital markets, insurance sector, or non-banking financial companies (NBFCs).
There could be many factors for a youth to pursue MBA in Finance:-
1) A way for salary enhancement.
2) To cut competition and increase employability factor.
3) Equip oneself with requisite knowledge and skillset to excel at the work front.
4) Opens door for an international work assignment.
Scope of MBA in Finance:-
The scope of a person getting placed in an MNC increases if he or she has completed Masters of Business Administration in finance. The economy of a particular nation is ever changing therefore companies need professionals who are well versed with financial knowledge. MNCs hire people who are qualified and have the requisite skillset to face the demanding challenges of the company. Students pursuing MBA in finance have the upper hand as they can assess a particular scenario both at the macro and a micro level.
Role for an MBA in Finanace :-
There is immense scope for employment in banking institutions and insurance companies for an MBA(finance) graduate. There are diverse job assignments which a youth possessing MBA in Finance can take up :-
- Manager at Finance Department.
- Financial analyst
- Financial controller or director
- Accounting Manager
- Chief Financial Officer
- Investment Banking Associates
- Insurance finance manager
- Manager Consultants
Colleges offering MBA-Finance programmes:-
There are many prominent institutions offering MBA programme in the field of Finance. Every MBA college has a different parameter for the intake of students to the MBA (Finance) programme, and these colleges consider CAT, XAT, SNAP, GMAT scores depending upon their selection criteria. Another major hurdle which the students have to clear for MBA admission is the Group Discussion and Personal Interview round. A pre-requisite for students intending to do MBA in finance should be comfortable in analyzing data and should be good in quantitative aptitude.
Students can come to know names about the list of top MBA colleges offering MBA in Finance :-
- Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Studies, Pune
- Symbiosis Institute of International Business,Pune
- Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance, Pune
- Jamnalal Bajaj institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
- Institute of Management Technology, Ghaziabad
- Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi
List of Subjects in MBA Finance course:-
- Derivative Markets
- Fixed Income Markets
- Financial Reporting and Analysis (F RA)
- Costing and Control Systems (CCS)
- Financial Markets (FM)
- Corporate investment management
- Portfolio management
- Hedge fund management
- Small business and corporate finance
The list mentioned above comprises of some of the major subject areas that are covered in MBA (finance). After having in-depth knowledge in this area, one is equipped to explore job opportunities in the domain of finance. This article provides valuable inputs for those who are keen to pursue an MBA in finance and other related information.