Getting the right MAT preparation books should be your first step to gearing towards MBA admissions. With a large number of books available for MAT preparation, it is often challenging for aspirants to choose the right ones. To resolve this problem, here we present the best books for MAT preparation:
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level exam conducted by AIMA to screen candidates for management and other allied programs. MAT is conducted four times a year, in the months of February, May, September, and December. Its scores are accepted by 600+ B-schools across India. Thousands of MBA aspirants appear in every session of MAT.
Once you are aware of the exam pattern and syllabus of MAT 2022, you should start preparing from books and other sources. Considering the vast number of study materials present online, you must stay wary to choose authentic sources only.
MAT eBooks by Hitbullseye
Considering the needs of MBA aspirants, our mentors have come up with exclusive eBooks for MAT preparation. These eBooks encompass all the essential topics of MAT along with the advanced shortcuts for tricky questions. Furthermore, you will have an ample amount of practice questions based on the latest exam pattern. Some of our MAT books specifically focus on the strategy for specific types of questions. Download these MAT preparation books in e-format and kickstart your study!.
MAT Preparation Books 2022
Here, we have listed down books for different areas/ sections of MAT:
Best Books for MAT Data Analysis & Sufficiency:
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency by Ananta Ashisha
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
- Data Analysis & Interpretation Data Sufficiency by Think Tank of Kiran Prakashan
Best Books for MAT Language Comprehension:
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension by Disha Publication
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Nishit K. Sinha
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Arun Sharma & Meenakshi Upadhyay
Best Books for MAT Mathematical Skills:
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude by Dinesh Khattar
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
- Vedic Mathematics: Secret Skills for quick, accurate mental calculations by Sumita Bose
Best Books for MAT Intelligence & Critical Reasoning:
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning by Gajendra Kumar
Best Books for MAT Indian & Global Environment:
- Manorama Year Book by Mammen Mathew
- The Mega Yearbook by Disha Experts
- Complete Guide for MAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams by Disha Experts
Apart from the above-mentioned MAT preparation books, aspirants are advised to refer to good magazines (Business Line, India Today, Competition Success Review, etc.) and newspapers (The Hindu, Economics Times, etc.) to gain expertise in this section.
These books provide conceptual clarity for various sections of MAT along with previous-year papers and practice exercises.
You can opt to practice from the following MAT-specific guides:
- Mission MBA MAT Mock tests & Solved papers by B S Sijwali and Tarun Goyal
- Face To Face MAT by B S Sijwalii Page and Ajay Singh
- R. Gupta’s MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exam Guide
Tips and Tricks for MAT
To ace MAT 2022, candidates will have to utilize the best of the strategies. Below mentioned are a few tips and tricks as suggested by the experts at Hitbullseye.
- Make a proper study schedule for your MAT preparation. If you cannot invest in long-hour study, then you can utilize Pomodoro Method. In this method, you can set a timer for 25 minutes, in which you will religiously study a portion without any interruption and then take a 5 minute break. Repeat this process in a well-focused way and you will see better results with time.
- After you have completed a section, start attempting MAT mock tests and sample papers and thereafter, analyze your performance after every test.
- Be consistent with whatever study plan you have been following. Consistency is one of the major factors of success in acing any of the entrance exams.
- Whenever taking a break from studies, invest your time in leisure activities to relax your mind. It also helps in improving your focus.
- Follow a balanced diet and take at least 7-8 hours of sleep to keep your mind and body relaxed.
- Don't keep stressing yourself with studies all the time. Do take healthy breaks, do yoga, take a walk, play outdoor games and do other physical activities to maintain balance.
Finally, make sure that you follow the above-mentioned tips and buy the latest edition of MAT preparation books to keep up with the current exam pattern.
FAQs about MAT 2022
1. How should I start preparing for MAT?
Once you have gone through MAT exam pattern and syllabus, you should start learning the important concepts. Alongside, check your progress with practice tests and previous year papers. This way, you will get to know about your weak and strong areas and rework accordingly.
2. Which college is best after MAT exam?
There are several good colleges that accept MAT scores. These include VIT Business School, SDMIMD Mysore, JAGSOM Bangalore, etc.
3. Can I get admission in MBA without MAT?
You can get admission to MBA through several other entrance tests like CAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT, etc. Many B-schools in India accept more than one test scores.
4. Is it worth to give MAT exam?
Yes, definitely! Since the admission seats in the premier institutes like IIMs are quite limited, it is recommended to take other entrance tests like MAT. Besides, you can get admission into decent B-schools with a high score in MAT.
5. Is there any age limit for MAT?
There are no age-related restrictions for appearing in MAT exam. The only requirement is that you should be a graduate or in the final year of graduation.