Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level exam conducted by AIMA to screen candidates for management and other allied programs. MAT is conducted four times a year, in the months of: February, May, September, and December. Around 3 lakh MBA aspirants take the test annually, making it India’s largest management entrance test. MAT scores are accepted by 600+ B-schools.
Candidates have the option to take the exam three modes -CBT, IBT and PBT. With large number of books available for MAT preparation, it is often problematic for aspirants to choose the right ones. To resolve this problem, we present here the best books for each section of MAT:
MAT eBooks by Hitbullseye
Considering the needs of MBA aspirants, our mentors have come up with exclusive eBooks for your MAT preparation. These eBooks encompass all the essential topics of MAT along with the advanced shortcuts for tricky questions. Furthermore, you will have an ample amount of practice questions based on the latest exam pattern. Some of the eBooks specifically focus on the strategy for MAT-specific questions. Download these eBooks and kickstart your MAT preparation.
Best Books for Data Analysis & Sufficiency:
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency by Ananta Ashisha
- How to Prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma
Best Books for Language Comprehension:
- Verbal Ability & Comprehension by Disha Publication
- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Nishit K. Sinha
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
Best Books for Mathematical Skills:
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude by Dinesh Khattar
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma
Best Books for Intelligence & Critical Reasoning:
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning by Gajendra Kumar
Best Books for Indian & Global Environment:
- Manorama Year Book by Mammen Mathew
- The Mega Yearbook by Disha Experts
Apart from the above books, aspirants are advised to refer to good magazines (Business Line, India Today, Competition Success Review, etc.) and newspapers (The Hindu, Economics Times, etc.) to gain expertise in this section.
All the above listed books provide conceptual clarity for various sections of MAT along with previous-year papers and practice exercises. Additionally, you can opt to practice from the following MAT-specific guides:
- Mission MBA MAT Mock tests & Solved papers by B S Sijwali and Tarun Goyal
- Face To Face MAT by B S Sijwalii Page and Ajay Singh
- R. Gupta’s MAT (Management Aptitude Test) Entrance Exam Guide
Finally, make sure that you buy the latest edition of the books to keep up with the current exam pattern and level of difficulty.