To kickstart your journey towards MBA admissions, the first crucial step is to acquire the right book for MAT exam. With a vast array of options available, aspiring candidates often face the challenge of selecting the most suitable MAT books. To alleviate this dilemma, we present a curated list of the finest books for MAT preparation.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a prestigious national-level exam administered by AIMA to evaluate candidates for management and related programs. Conducted four times annually in February, May, September, and December, MAT scores are recognized and accepted by over 600 esteemed B-schools across India. Every session of MAT witnesses the participation of numerous MBA aspirants, all aiming to achieve their academic and professional goals.
Once you are aware of the exam pattern and syllabus of MAT 2024, you should start preparing from books and other sources. Considering the vast number of MAT books present online, you must stay wary of choosing authentic sources only.
MAT Preparation Books
Here, we have listed down the best books for MAT preparation
Best Book for MAT Data Analysis & Sufficiency:
For MAT exam preparation, especially for the Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning section, this is a highly recommended book series for MAT exam that provides a systematic and detailed approach to solving these problems. It simplifies complex concepts into manageable parts and gradually introduces them with increasingly challenging examples, ensuring a deep understanding. With a diverse range of practice questions that mirror the CAT exam, the book serves as a comprehensive training platform for aspirants.
Best Books for MAT Language Comprehension:
The Verbal series by Hitbullseye is your go-to resource for various management competitive exams. These meticulously crafted books offer comprehensive coverage in key areas like Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, and Verbal skills. With a well-structured approach that combines theory, strategic planning, and targeted practice, students can study effectively and achieve outstanding results. This series of books for MAT exam also provides detailed explanations and a wide range of practice questions to fully prepare students for exam challenges. By emphasizing analytical thinking and strategic preparation, this series aims to boost students' readiness and maximize their chances of success in competitive exams.
Best Books for MAT Mathematical Skills:
It is an excellent resource for mathematical learning. It provides a comprehensive collection of formulas and concepts, presented with clarity. The book is meticulously organized, simplifying challenging topics into understandable segments. It serves as a comprehensive guide for MBA-CAT exams, ensuring thorough preparation. The attention to detail in explaining each formula and concept is remarkable, with practical examples and real-world applications included to enhance understanding. Moreover, the book emphasizes the importance of revision for long-term retention and problem-solving skills.
Best Books for MAT Intelligence & Critical Reasoning:
Hitbullseye’s MBA Reasoning Series is the best book for MAT preparation when preparing for the reasoning section of the MAT exam. These books are strategically curated keeping in mind the latest exam pattern and the most frequent topics asked in the exam. Besides this, it is a reliable source to practice the reasoning questions to familiarise one with his areas or strengths and weaknesses.
Best Books for MAT Indian & Global Environment :
- Manorama Year Book by Mammen Mathew
- The Mega Yearbook by Disha Experts
- Complete Guide for MAT and Other MBA Entrance Exams by Disha Experts
MAT eBooks by Hitbullseye
Considering the needs of MBA aspirants, our mentors have come up with exclusive eBooks for MAT preparation. These eBooks encompass all the essential topics of MAT along with the advanced shortcuts for tricky questions. Furthermore, you will have an ample amount of practice questions based on the latest exam pattern. Some of our MAT books specifically focus on the strategy for specific types of questions. According to our alumnis, these are the best book for MAT preparation. Download these MAT preparation books in e-format and kickstart your study!.
Tips and Tricks for MAT
To ace MAT 2024, candidates will have to utilize the best of the strategies. Below mentioned are a few tips and tricks as suggested by the experts at Hitbullseye.
- Make a proper study schedule for your MAT preparation. If you cannot invest in the long-hour study, then you can utilize Pomodoro Method. In this method, you can set a timer for 25 minutes, in which you will religiously study a portion without any interruption and then take a 5-minute break. Repeat this process in a well-focused way and you will see better results with time.
- After you have completed a section, start attempting MAT mock tests and sample papers and thereafter, analyze your performance after every test.
- Be consistent with whatever study plan you have been following. Consistency is one of the major factors of success in acing any of the entrance exams.
- Whenever taking a break from studies, invest your time in leisure activities to relax your mind. It also helps in improving your focus.
- Follow a balanced diet and take at least 7-8 hours of sleep to keep your mind and body relaxed.
- Don't keep stressing yourself with studies all the time. Do take healthy breaks, do yoga, take a walk, play outdoor games and do other physical activities to maintain balance.
Finally, make sure that you follow the above-mentioned tips and buy the latest edition of MAT preparation books to keep up with the current exam pattern.
FAQs about MAT 2024
1. How should I start preparing for MAT?
Once you have gone through MAT exam pattern and syllabus, you should start learning the important concepts. Alongside, check your progress with practice tests and previous year papers. This way, you will get to know about your weak and strong areas and rework accordingly.
2. Which college is best after MAT exam?
There are several good colleges that accept MAT scores. These include VIT Business School, SDMIMD Mysore, JAGSOM Bangalore, etc.
3. Can I get admission in MBA without MAT?
You can get admission to MBA through several other entrance tests like CAT, XAT, NMAT, SNAP, CMAT, etc. Many B-schools in India accept more than one test scores.
4. Is it worth to give MAT exam?
Yes, definitely! Since the admission seats in the premier institutes like IIMs are quite limited, it is recommended to take other entrance tests like MAT. Besides, you can get admission into decent B-schools with a high score in MAT.
5. Is there any age limit for MAT?
There are no age-related restrictions for appearing in MAT exam. The only requirement is that you should be a graduate or in the final year of graduation.