Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by theAll India Management Association (AIMA) for admission in MBA and other allied programs. 600+ B-schools across the country accept MAT scores.The exam is conducted four times a year, in February, May, September, and December. Almost 3 lakh MBA aspirants take the test annually, making it to be India’s most significant management entrance test.
Candidates can appear for Paper-Based Test (PBT), Computer Based Test (CBT) or Remote Proctored Internet-Based Exam (IBT).Graduates from different streams appear for MAT every year. AIMA has started the registration process for MAT 2021 May-June Session. Before applying for the entrance test, candidates must be thorough with the eligibility requirements. The exam is scheduled in three modes –MAT PBT on 30 May 2021, MAT CBT on 13 June 2021 and MAT IBT from 6 June 2021 to 10 June 2021.
However, candidates opting for any of the modes can send their MAT 2021 scores up to 5 colleges, which they have to choose from during the registration process. However, every college has its eligibility criteria.So the candidate must learn about the same before applying for that college.
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
All India Management Association (AIMA) defined the MAT 2021 eligibility criteria, which is important for the candidates. The examination schedule for MAT 2021 is out –MAT PBT on 30 May 2021, MAT CBT on 13 June 2021 and MAT IBT from 6 June 2021 to 10 June 2021.
Below mentioned is the MAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria that the candidate must follow to qualify for the admission test.
- The candidates must possess a graduation degree from a recognized University in any stream or a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA).
- The final year graduation students can also apply for MAT 2021.
- There is no minimum percentage criterion to appear for MAT, but admission to MBA colleges may require a minimum percentage/marks. The candidates can refer to the information brochures of particular colleges/institutes for the same.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate is calculated based on the practice followed by the particular college/institute.
- In case of grades /CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks is based on the procedure certified by the institute following its eligibility criteria.
- There is no age limit to appear for the MAT exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts. Candidates can take the examination as many times until they succeed.
Note: NRIs and foreign nationals can also apply for MAT 2021.
The exam is scheduled four times a year.The aspirants can appear in all four examinations in the same year. The eligibility of the MAT exam has remained unchanged over the years.
NB: It is to be noted that the mere fulfillment of minimum MAT 2021eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by the management Institutes. The applicant applies for admission.
The candidate must know that AIMA has fixed reservation criteria. The reservation for MAT 2021 May-June session will be the same as the previous session’s examination.
I hope the article suffices to your requirements and helps you understand the eligibility criteria for MAT 2021.