MAT Eligibility - Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a national-level entrance exam conducted by All India Management Association (AIMA
) for admission in MBA and other allied programs. MAT scores are accepted by 600+ B-schools across the country. The exam is conducted four times a year, in the months of: February, May, September, and December. Almost 3 lakh MBA aspirants take the test annually, making it India’s largest management entrance test
Candidates can take the exam in offline (pen-paper based) or online (computer-based) mode. You can appear for the exam in both formats. Graduates from different streams appear for MAT every year.
Here are some essential points to keep in mind, before applying for MAT 2020:
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2020
- The candidates must possess a graduation degree from a recognized University in any stream or a professional degree (CA/CS/ICWA).
- The final year graduation students can also apply for MAT 2020.
- There is no minimum percentage criterion to appear for MAT but admission to MBA colleges may require a minimum percentage/marks. The candidates can refer to the information brochures of particular colleges/institutes for the same.
- The percentage of marks obtained by the candidate is calculated based on the practice followed by the particular college/institute.
- In case of grades /CGPA, the conversion to percentage of marks is based on the procedure certified by the institute in accordance with its eligibility criteria.
- There is no age limit to appear for MAT exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no restriction for the number of attempts.
Note: NRIs and foreign nationals can also apply for MAT 2020.
The exam is scheduled four times in a year. The aspirants can appear in all the four examinations in the same year. The eligibility of MAT exam has remained unchanged over the years.
NB: It is to be noted that the mere fulfillment of minimum MAT 2020 eligibility criteria will not ensure consideration for shortlisting by the management Institutes in which the applicant applies for admission.