IBSAT Exam Pattern 2019
IBSAT is an online aptitude exam which will be conducted on 4th week of December, 2019. IBSAT exam pattern is fixed by ICFAI. Knowing the IBSAT Exam pattern should always be the first Step to start with. The IBSAT exam pattern usually remains more or less similar every year. It is conducted for students seeking admission to the MBA/PhD programs of 9 of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) Indian Business School (IBS) campuses-Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. It is essential to understand the IBSAT exam pattern in order to develop a concrete strategy and understanding the paper pattern well to maximize your scores in IBSAT.
The following table would give you a clear picture of the IBSAT exam pattern:
|Test Duration||2 Hours|
|Test Sections||4 Sections|
|Mode of Test||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam dates||4th week of December, 2019|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to Moderate|
|Scoring Pattern||+1 Mark for each correct answer|
|Type of Questions||MCQs|
|Negative Marking||No –ve Marking|
|Sectional Composition of IBSAT|
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
|Section Wise split of Questions|
|IBSAT Exam Component||Number of Questions|
|Quantitative Aptitude ||30|
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation||30|
|Sectional time limit|
*No Sectional Time Limit.
The major takeaways for the IBSAT preparation are:
- All the sections need equal consideration as fetching maximum marks is the most important task.
- Level of difficulty varies with each section. So proper strategy and time management is a must in order to achieve success.
- Taking regular Mock Tests will enhance your performance as well as speed and accuracy.
- Verbal ability section needs special emphasis as it carries maximum weightage.
- Strong conceptual base in Geometry, Number System, Probability and DI with a good application orientation is the key to crack Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation section.
- Striking a right balance between speed and accuracy is all that matters to score in IBSAT.