ATMA is a national level entrance test conducted by AIMS (Association of Indian Management School). This single-window test is held for admission to post-graduate courses like MBA, MMS, PGDM, etc. The exam can be taken five times in a year in the months of February, May, June, July and December. Around 20,000 aspirants take the test in one particular session.
Candidates need to register online for the exam on its official website: atmaaims.com
. The notification for ATMA 2019 December session will be out in October. Before applying for the exam, it is essential to learn about the eligibility criteria. Given below is the detailed eligibility criteria for ATMA 2019:
Basic Eligibility Criteria for ATMA 2019
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Final year students can also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed CA can also apply.
- Candidate must have secured atleast 50% marks in a Bachelor’s degree.
- Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for ATMA.
- Candidates must be of atleast 21 years of age. There is no upper age limit for ATMA.
- There is no restriction on the number of attempts for ATMA.
Note that the participating institutes can have slightly different eligibility conditions for admission to their post graduate courses. The criteria may also differ as per the course.
While the eligibility for MBA/PGDM courses allow graduates of any stream, other courses like MCA require candidates to have a BCA degree.
Further, the qualifying marks in ATMA is 50%. Top colleges generally place a cut off of 70-95 percentile in ATMA for shortlisting candidates. The shortlisted candidates are then called for group exercises and personal interview.
Top Colleges that accept ATMA scores
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research, Mumbai
- Jaipuria Institute of Management, Indore
- Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship, Bangalore
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- SCMS Cochin School of Business, Cochin
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- GITAM Institute of Management, Visakhapatnam
- NITTE School of Management, Bangalore