MICA Admissions Test (MICAT) is the online entrance test for MICA's flagship course Post Graduate Diploma in Management - Communications (PGDM-C). The programme focuses on Strategic Marketing and Communication. The exam is conducted twice between December and February. MICAT I will be conducted on December 05, 2020 and MICAT II will be held on January 30, 2021
MICA’s PGDM-C offers the following specialisations:
- Brand Management
- Advertising Management
- Marketing Research and Analytics
- Media Management
- Digital Communication Management
The maximum intake for PGDM (C) is 180 students.
MICAT Eligibility Criteria:
Step 1 – CAT/XAT/GMAT
Candidates have to apply to MICA with their scores of CAT 2020 / XAT 2021 /GMAT (2019 onwards.
Note: Kindly update your score options in the online application form which you would like to submit (i.e. CAT 2020, XAT 2021 & GMAT 2019 onwards). After receiving your CAT score, XAT Registration No. and GMAT score, please update the details on our website on or before January 20, 2021. (Please mention your XAT Registration number only and we will collect the score from XLRI).
Step 2 – MICA Admission Test (MICAT)
All candidates are assessed based on MICAT, which consists of 3 sections:
- Section A: Psychometric Test
- Section B: Descriptive Test
- Section C (4 subsections): Divergent and Convergent Thinking, VerbalAbility, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation and General Awareness.
Step 3 –GE & PI
All the candidates shortlisted based on their performance in CAT/XAT/GMAT & MICAT shall appear for both Group Exercise (GE) and Personal Interview (PI).
Preparation of Shortlist of the Candidates for GE & PI
- Section A of MICAT (Psychometric test) is a qualifier.
- Those who qualify on the Psychometric, their relative performance on CAT/XAT/GMAT will be considered. Candidates clearing a minimum cut-off in CAT /XAT total percentile/GMAT score shall be considered.
- Those who qualify based on the CAT/XAT/GMAT performance; their Section B of MICAT will be assessed.
- Those who qualify on the basis of relative performance subject to a minimum cut- off in Normalized Scores of Section B of MICAT shall have their Section C of MICAT assessed. Each section will have its own cut-off.
- Those who qualify on the basis of a, b, c and d above shall be considered for short listing for GE and PI. GE & PI candidate list is prepared on the Composite Score formula of 50% CAT/XAT/GMAT and 50% MICAT scores).
MICAT 2021 Exam Pattern
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, there are slight changes in MICAT 2021 Exam Pattern. MICA hasn’t announced the change in the number of
questions and duration of the exam. But keeping in mind the current scenario, it is expected that the exam duration will be reduced. The duration has been reduced to 2 hours 15 minutes from 2 hours 45 minutes. However, the pattern is subject to change as per further government directives.
||Number of Questions
||Descriptive Test (DT)
||Verbal Ability (VA)
|Quantitative Ability (QA)
|General Awareness (GA)
|Divergent Convergent Reasoning (DCR)
MICAT is a Computer Based Test (CBT). The duration of the exam is 2 hours 15 minutes.
There are no negative marks for Descriptive and Psychometric sections. While 0.25 % of the allotted marks will be deducted for every wrong answer in VA, QA, GA and DCR.
MICAT Important Dates:
|MICAT – I Registration opens
|MICAT – I Registration closes
||November 25, 2020 at 11:50 pm
|Issue of MICAT- I Call Letters/Admit Card
||December 2, 2020
|MICAT – I
||December 5, 2020
|MICAT -I Score (To be declared)
||December 21, 2020
|MICAT – II Registration opens
||November 26, 2020
|MICAT – II Registration closes
||January 20, 2021. at 11:50pm
|Issue of MICAT- II Call Letters/Admit Card
||January 27, 2021
|MICAT – II
||January 30, 2021
|MICAT – II Score (To be declared)
||February 14, 2021
|GE & PI Shortlist
||February 19, 2021
|GE & PI at MICA, Ahmedabad
||March 9 and 10, 2021
|GE & PI at Bangalore & Mumbai
||March 13,14 and 15, 2021
|GE & PI at Delhi and Kolkata
||March 19, 20 & 21, 2021
||End of March 2021