Great Lakes opens admissions for its top ranked 1 year-MBA program
September 21st, Gurgaon: Great Lakes Institute of Management, one of the premier B-schools of the country with campuses in Chennai and Gurgaon has announced admissions open for its full-time One Year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) for academic session 2021 – 22, which will commence in May/June 2021. The Great Lakes PGPM, is a fast track one year- MBA program for professionals with 2+ years of work experience. It leverages a global faculty pool, peer learning among the diverse group of experienced students, extensive industry networking and experiential learning.
Eligibility Criteria for PGPM 2021-22:
- All applicants are required to apply with a valid GMAT/CAT/XAT /CMAT score. Previous years scores are also accepted.
- Typically candidates with more than two years of work experience are considered. However, exceptional students with 18+ months of experience (by April 30th, 2021) may be considered for applying.
- The application deadline for applying is 22nd November, 2020.
- To learn more about the PGPM, click here.
- Eligible candidate can apply online- here: Application form
Speaking on the commencement of the admission process, Prof. Easwar Krishna Iyer, Admissions Director, Great Lakes Institute of Management said, “ Great Lakes has always been at the forefront in delivering high quality education and ensuring a transformational experience for its students. This year the students got opportunity to get the world class experience of learning from the perspectives of renowned academicians from institutions like Harvard, Stanford, NYU Stern, Yale, Kellogg & so on along with the CXO talk sessions by industry stalwarts such as CMD, Nestle India, MD, Accenture Strategy, Sr. VP & CIO, Cambia among others during Term Zero, the unique online learning series conducted before beginning of the regular classes. Going ahead as well, Great Lakes promises to innovate and prepare students for the rapidly changing world. Commencing this year’s admission process we look to attract best student pool from across the country and bring diverse experience in to the class. ”
Highlights of Great Lakes Institute of Management
- World Class Faculty: 25+ International visiting faculty from the likes of Kellogg, Stanford, Yale, etc. and 50+ renowned full-time faculty offer unparalleled learning and global perspectives.
- Innovative Curriculum: Future oriented business curriculum. Pioneer in introducing Analytics, AI and Machine Learning in MBA specialization.
- Rankings: Great Lakes is ranked 4th by Outlook in Top standalone institutions, 9th by Business India in top Indian B-Schools, 23rd among top b-schools by NIRF under Ministry of HRD, ranked in Super League 2 by Business Standard (Chennai Campus). The Great Lakes PGPM program has been consistently ranked in the top one year MBA programs in the country, 3rd by Outlook.
- Globally Benchmarked: Great Lakes is the youngest Indian Business School to receive prestigious AMBA accreditation. The institute also has collaborations with Top Global B-Schools like HKUST, Babson, IIT Stuart School of Business to name a few.
- Experiential Learning: Emphasis on experiential learning which helps put into action the concepts learnt in class through Karma-Yoga, the Leadership Experiential Action Program (LEAP), Empirical Studies, insights from distinguished Thought Leaders and student driven initiatives.
- Diverse Peer Group: Great Lakes ensures of bringing diversity in class and its PGPM students have over thousand years of collective work experience gained from different industries. Its PGDM class has 40% of female students.
- Campus: The pristine campus of Great Lakes Chennai is Asia’s 1st Leed Platinum Rated campus. The Gurgaon campus also offers world class facilities and is located in the corporate hub of Delhi-NCR.
Admission for Two- year PGDM –
Admissions are also open for two year full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) for students with 0-2 years of work experience. The application deadline for PGDM 2021-2023 is 22nd
November, 2020. To know more about PGDM, click here
and to apply online, click here
About Great Lakes Institute of Management: Great Lakes Institute of Management, founded in 2004 by Padma Shri Dr. Bala V. Balachandran is one of the premier B-schools in India. Great Lakes has, within a short span of 15 years emerged as a top-ranked business school. Great Lakes has 50+ full time faculty and 150+ visiting faculty including over 25+ international faculty from top global schools like Yale, Kellogg, Stanford and Harvard. Further collaborations with world’s leading institutions like University of Houston, University of Bordeaux, Hongkong University of Science & Technology (HKUST), University of Missouri, Kansas, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago and Babson College etc., have helped Great Lakes in globally benchmarking its programs.
Great Lakes, Chennai was accredited by Association of MBAs (AMBA), UK in 2014 and became the youngest B-school in India to receive this prestigious international accreditation. In 2015, Great Lakes, Chennai also received international SAQS accreditation and in 2017, its two year PGDM program was accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). For the years 2017-2019, Great Lakes was ranked No.1 in India by Analytics India and 3rd in the world by Analytics insights for its Analytics program, 4th(top standalone institutions) by Outlook, 4th (private b-schools) by Careers 360, 9th (top b-schools) by Business India. It was also ranked by Business Standard in Super League 2 in the year 2019 and was ranked 23rd by NIRF among top b-schools for the year 2020.
Led by exceptional academic faculty, steered by an outstanding advisory council and buoyed by the international collaborations, Great Lakes has been constantly innovating to stay ahead of the needs of our businesses and community. It is the first B-school in India to offer full time specialization in Analytics and also first to introduce AI and Machine Learning specialization. Great Lakes has a 30 acre LEED Platinum rated green campus in Chennai and a second campus in Delhi-NCR. In the year 2019, Great Lakes Gurgaon campus received the prestigious AMBA accreditation and was also ranked among the top 5 emerging business schools by the National HRD Network (NHRDN) for the year 2018-2019.
Great Lakes offers One Year full time MBA (PGPM) for experienced professionals, Two year MBA (PGDM), Part Time Executive MBA for senior managers, and Weekend Executive MBA Program. Great Lakes alumni currently numbering 8800+, work at world renowned organizations both in India and overseas across 30 countries.