Individuals today have greater access to health information through various apps, which are monitoring data on calorie intake, sleep pattern, blood pressure, heart rate, glucose, physical activity, and various other parameters.
Grab the Unbelievable Offer:
This has resulted in people becoming more actively involved in their health, and their focus is more on prevention and wellness. This change will create a newer healthcare delivery model that is more personalized and will have a customer-centric approach.
The new ecosystem of how the data has to be collected and stored, maintained, and analyzed will help in getting accurate results in diagnosis, patient safety, drug efficacy, effective treatments, disease prevention, increase in compliance of drugs and improve the accessibility of a medical facility.
Healthcare Analytics is a generic term, and each stakeholder in the healthcare sector has different usage of it. Some of the example of the usage of analytics by different stakeholders:
- For Healthcare practitioners analytics will help in providing personalized consultations, treatment monitoring, remote consultations, accurate diagnosis, and efficient decision making.
- Healthcare providers and labs with the help of analytics can create structured patient data and that will help in mapping the patient journey, understanding the patient pain-point, reducing the turn –around time and delivering better healthcare outcomes to the patients.
- Pharmaceutical companies’ analytics has various usages starting from drug discovery to the launch of the product. Analytics will help in the process of drug discovery, gathering of business intelligence, conducting patient outreach, reduction manufacturing, and logistics cost and it will also improve the engagement with patients and doctors.
- The government can use analytics in framing health policy, creating a common database of patients for identifying patterns at regional, national, disease levels in population, specifics programs for demographics and better response in healthcare emergencies, natural disaster. Analytics can also help in making immunization program more effective and reach a larger population.
- Patients will be more proactive about their health, and this brings patients at the center of healthcare delivery. Through the usage of analytics quality of care can be provided at home to the elderly and patients with special needs.
The practice of analytics in healthcare will help in reducing the burden of non-communicable disease and healthcare costs; improve the various healthcare parameters like Maternal Mortality, Infant Mortality, etc. It will also result in improving workforce efficiency.