SNAP cut-off 2023 differs from institute to institute, depending upon a range of factors. In this article, you will learn about the cut-off figures of SIU-affiliated institutes, along with related information.
Symbiosis International University (SIU) has been conducting the mandatory SNAP Test since 2007 for admissions into its affiliated institutes. At the time of test registration, applicants can also apply for their preferred programmes and institutes. To get shortlisted for the next round i.e. GE-PI-WAT, they need to clear the specified cut-offs of the particular programmes/institutes.
SNAP 2023 is expected to be held in three sessions (days) in the month of December. With so many MBA aspirants appearing for SNAP, it is not quite easy to clear the cut-offs of the top institutes. But if you are aware of the prospective cut-offs before, you can set the right targets for your performance.
SNAP Cut-off 2023
SNAP cut-off is determined by various parameters and differs from programme to programme. Generally, the final selection is based on the SNAP Test score
, candidate’s academic record, and performance in GE-PI-WAT.
Factors Affecting SNAP Cut-Off 2023
The following factors are considered while setting SNAP cut-offs:
- Number of candidates who appear for SNAP 2023
- Difficulty level of SNAP 2023
- Number of admission seats available for specific programmes in the institute
- Ranking of particular institute
SNAP Cut-off List of Top SIU-affiliated Colleges
Below is the list of expected SNAP cut-off percentiles '22 for the general category. These are estimated on the basis of the actual cut-off percentiles of 2021.
Things to Know about SNAP Cut-Off
Given below is the important information regarding SNAP cut-offs:
- SNAP cut-off is the minimum score/percentile used by the associated institutes, to shortlist candidates for further admission round. In other words, it forms the primary step to getting admission in SNAP-accepting institutes.
- Each participating institute releases its SNAP cut-off individually on its official website, soon after the SNAP result is declared. Based on these cut-offs, the qualifying test-takers may have to fill out an online form to be called for the GE-WAT-PI round.
- SNAP cut-off can be accessed only by those who have taken the exam.
- Shortlisted candidates are called for GE-PI-WAT through email.
Admission Procedure of SNAP-accepting Institutes
One important point that should be noted regarding SNAP Cut-offs is that there is no sectional Cut-off. Only the overall score is considered for the related programmes. In the next levels of the admission process, you will be evaluated on the parameters like communication skills, personality, soft skills, etc. For compiling the final merit list, the following weights are assigned to the different factors:
- SNAP Score: 50%
- Group Exercise (GE): 10%
- Personal Interaction (PI) : 30%
- Written Ability Test (WAT): 10%
All the SNAP colleges
post the category-wise merit list on their respective websites.
FAQs about SNAP Cut-off 2023
1. Does the SNAP exam have a sectional cut-off?
Generally, there are no sectional cut-offs for SNAP. However, a few institutes or specific programmes may require good performance in individual sections too. So, it is better to keep a balance among all three sections.
2. What is a good score for SNAP?
Most Symbiosis institutes have a cut-off in the range of 35-45. So, you should aim for a score of above 40.
3. Is 40 a good score in SNAP?
Yes, it is a good score for several institutes. However, top institutes like SIBM Pune may set a cut-off between 41-46.
4. What is the cut-off for SIBM Nagpur?
SNAP Cut-off for SIBM Nagpur is usually around 70 percentile