IIFT exam has officially been cancelled . The CAT 2023 scores will be considered for admissions into IIFT 2023. In this article, you will learn about the exam structure and marking criteria of CAT 2023 for admissions to IIFT.
One of the most popular entrance tests, CAT is meant for people who aspire to get into the MBA (IB) programme offered by the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade. This year IIM Bangalore will conduct the CAT exam on 26th November. Some of the stand-out features of the exam include its unique marking scheme accompanied by differential marking, multiple sections divided into sub-sections, and a variable number of total questions in the exam.
The unique nature of the exam also means that it gives a lot of jitters to numerous students. Understanding the CAT exam pattern is of paramount importance as it will help you formulate a winning strategy to tackle it.
Overview of IIFT through CAT 2023 Exam
The following table displays the essential information about IIFT 2023:
|CAT Exam Mode
|CAT Exam Duration
||2 hours (120 minutes)
|Sectional Time Limit
||40 minutes of Sectional Time Limit
|Number of Sections
||Section 1: Quantitative Analysis
Section 2: Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
Section 3: Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Total Number of Questions
|Types of Questions
||Multiple Choice Questions, TITA
Tips for IIFT 2023
Considering the above-mentioned IIFT exam pattern, we have listed the key preparation tips for the aspirants:
- Candidate should give due importance to all 4 sections, as clearing sectional cut-offs is the gateway to move ahead.
- Candidate must keep a tab on time management as there is a differential marking scheme in the exam.
- Overall, the IIFT test can be best managed if you follow a three-pronged approach - ensuring concept familiarity, developing application orientation and sharpening test-taking strategies.
- For Quantitative Aptitude a decent attempt could be between 11-15. In Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning, students should aim to attempt 12-16 questions and in general awareness section, you should aim to achieve the target of attempting 4-8 questions. In the reading comprehension and verbal ability section, one should try to attempt 23 to 28 questions.
- The Verbal section is a mix of Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and Grammar-based questions. The IIFT aspirants have to focus on sharpening their reading skills along with other components on the English language. The verbal ability checks the student's vocabulary and grammar. One should have knowledge of other elements like analogy and idioms also to score well in this section.
- Generally, GK sections have very low cut-offs, so you need not attempt a large number of questions.
FAQs about IIFT Exam Pattern 2023
1. Is the IIFT exam being conducted in 2023?
The IIFT exam has officially been cancelled. The CAT 2023 scores will be taken into consideration for admissions to various courses under IIFT.
3. Does CAT have Sectional time?
Yes, there is a sectional timing of 40 minutes per section.
4. Can an average student get into IIFT?
Yes, even an average student can get into IIFT, with hard work and a smart preparation strategy.