CMAT preparation plan essentially includes building conceptual clarity and adequate practice. Here, you will learn about the complete CMAT preparation strategy 2024, developed by our experts.
"Behind every brilliant performance there were countless hours of practice and preparation." ~Eric Butterworth
CMAT stands for Common Management Admission Test. It is a national-level entrance examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) every year to facilitate institutions to select suitable graduate candidates for admission in all Management programs offered by AICTE-approved institutions.
CMAT Preparation Plan 2024: Overview
Ideally, you should invest 3-5 months for CMAT preparation. Here are four main steps to crack CMAT 2024 with a good score:
- Understand the CMAT exam pattern
- Develop a strong conceptual clarity of important topics of CMAT syllabus
- Practice previous years' papers, sample papers, and mock tests of CMAT
- Decide an exam-taking strategy based on your strengths, work around your weak areas, and revise key formulas.
CMAT Exam Pattern
CMAT is an objective test, made up of 100 questions that need to be tackled in 180 minutes. The following table shows the question-wise distribution and marking scheme of CMAT 2024:
||No. of Questions
|Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
|Innovation & Entrepreneurship
The next step in CMAT exam preparation is to learn about the important areas of different sections. Here, we have listed down the key topics as per the specific sections:
Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation
- Numbers, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Mixtures, Averages, Ratios, Interest, Equations
- Time & Work, Time, Speed & Distance
- Standard DI tools
- Current Events & Happenings, including international affairs
- History, Geography, Polity, Science
- Sports, Art & Culture
- Books & Authors, Awards
- Assertion-Reasoning, Inferences, Critical reasoning
- Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, True and False Statements
- Linear arrangements, Sequences and series
- Strong - Weak arguments, Statements and assumptions
- Series, Coding and decoding, Cause and effect
- Symbol-based problems
- Rearranging sentences
- Vocabulary, with questions on antonyms and synonyms
- Grammar & Sentence Correction
- Reading Comprehension
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Idea management systems
- Entrepreneurial Development
- Innovation Management Terminology
- Innovative business practices & latest policies
CMAT Preparation Strategy 2024
The CMAT paper can be split into three parts: concept-driven, practice intensive and environment-sensitive. Quantitative Techniques & Data Interpretation and select areas of Language Comprehension are concept-driven. Questions on these areas are difficult to attempt without concept clarity and hence it is advised to brush up the key fundamentals in these areas. Logical Reasoning is a purely practice-intensive section and the comfort level here is directly proportional to practising across similar questions. General Awareness and the Innovation & Entrepreneurship sections are environment-sensitive and can be best prepared by a dichotomous approach, viewing the section as makeup of current and static awareness.
Keep the following points in mind while preparing for CMAT 2024:
- If you plan to prepare for the CMAT exam, then you have to at least put in four to six hours daily into studying.
- Start with the subject/ area you find the most difficult. If you can master the skill set for the toughest subject, then it is a smooth ride for you.
- Beginning with concept consolidation, graduate to the next level where you practice across questions requiring an application of the key concepts.
- Stay aware of the latest GK and management-related developments.
- Constant revision and series of tests will help you with a better understanding and familiarity with the test.
- Finally, work on improving your test-taking strategies.
While preparing, ensure a sequential and systematic approach to take on CMAT '24.
Overall, you must remember that CMAT is designed to assess you on certain core management skills like time management, prioritization, stress management, knowledge and balancing accuracy & speed.