September: Great Lakes Institute of Management, one of the premier B-schools of the country with campuses in Chennai and Gurgaon has announced admissions open for its full-time One Year Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM) for academic session 2023-24. The Great Lakes PGPM is a fast track one year- MBA program for professionals with 2 to 10 years of work experience. It leverages a global faculty pool, peer learning among the diverse group of experienced students, extensive industry networking and experiential learning.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for PGPM 2023-24:
● All applicants are required to apply with a valid GMAT/CAT/XAT/CMAT score. Previous years scores are also accepted.
● Typically, candidates with 2-10 years of work experience are considered. However, exceptional students with 21+ months of experience (by April 30th, 2023) may be considered for applying.
● The first application cycle deadline is 21st November, 2022.
● To learn more about the PGPM, click here.
● Eligible candidate can apply online here: Application form
Speaking on the commencement of the admission process, Mr. GautamLakhamraju, Admissions Director, Great Lakes Institute of Management said, “Great Lakes has done exceptionally well over the last year coming out of the pandemic with record placement and admission outcomes. The PGPM class of 2022 witnessed fantastic placements with the average CTC of the batch going to 17.8 lakhs which is 31% higher than the previous year. We had also seen a fantastic response from aspirants last year with a 25% increase in overall applications which are at an all-time high. As we commence this year’s admissions process, we are very optimistic that we will have a similar response this year too and attract some of the brightest young minds to our programs. We are very keen to encourage diversity in gender, education backgrounds, and pre-MBA work experience in the Class and are offering diversity and merit-based scholarships to outstanding candidates. In addition, we are also offering Dr. Bala V Balachandran scholarships to exceptional students since last year which entails a full tuition fee waiver.”
Highlights of Great Lakes Institute of Management
● World Class Faculty: 25+ International visiting faculty from the likes of Kellogg, Stanford, Yale, etc. and 50+ renowned full-time faculty offer unparalleled learning and global perspectives.
● Innovative Curriculum: Great Lakes has a future oriented business curriculum and has been a pioneer in introducing Analytics, AI, and Machine Learning specializations. In addition to AIMLAB, we also offer Marketing, Finance, Operations, and Strategy/OB-HR specializations, from which students can choose both major and minors.
● Rankings: Great Lakes is ranked 4th by Outlook in Top standalone institutions, 9th by Business India in top Indian B-Schools, 31stamong top b-schools by NIRF under Ministry of HRD, ranked in Super League 2 by Business Standard (Chennai Campus). The Great Lakes PGPM program has been consistently ranked in the top one year MBA programs in the country, 3rd by Outlook.
● Globally Benchmarked: Great Lakes is the youngest Indian Business School to receive prestigious AMBA accreditation. The institute also has collaborations with Top Global B-Schools and Universities like Cornell, HKUST, Bordeaux, SKEMA, Frankfurt, IÉSEG to name a few.
● Placements: We have witnessed 100% placements for the last 17 years. The batch of 2022 had the highest average CTC thus far, at 17.9 lakhs p.a. Some of the top recruiters include Microsoft, Accenture, ADP, Bain, Bristlecone, Deloitte, Cognizant, EY GDS, FedEx, HCL, Infosys, Incedo, Optum, Tiger Analytics, Zoom, and ZS Associates.
● Experiential Learning: Emphasis on experiential learning which helps put into action the concepts learnt in class through Karma-Yoga, the Leadership Experiential Action Program (LEAP), Empirical Studies, insights from distinguished Thought Leaders and student driven initiatives.
● Diverse Peer Group: Great Lakes ensures of bringing diversity in class and its PGPM students have over thousand years of collective work experience gained from different industries.
● Campus: The pristine campus of Great Lakes Chennai is Asia’s 1st LEED Platinum Rated campus. The Gurgaon campus also offers world class facilities and is located in the corporate hub of Delhi-NCR.
Admission for Two- year PGDM – Admissions are also open for two-year full time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) for students with 0-3 years of work experience. The application deadline for PGDM 2023-2025 is 21st November, 2022. To know more about PGDM, click here and to apply online, click here.
About Great Lakes Institute of Management:
Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai founded in 2004 by Padma Shri Awardee Dr. Bala V
Balachandran is one of the premier B-schools in India. Great Lakes has, within a short span of 17 years,
emerged as a top-ranked business school. Great Lakes has 50+ full time faculty and 150+ visiting faculty
including over 25+ international faculty from top global schools like Yale, Kellogg, Stanford, and Harvard.
Further collaborations with world’s leading institutions like Cornell University, The University of Chicago
Booth School of Business, University of Bordeaux, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
(HKUST), and Babson College etc., have helped Great Lakes in globally benchmarking its programs.
Great Lakes, Chennai, was accredited by Association of MBAs (AMBA), UK in 2014 and became the
youngest B-school in India to receive this prestigious international accreditation. In 2015, Great Lakes,
Chennai also received international SAQS accreditation and in 2017, its two-year PGDM program was
accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA). For the years 2019 -20, Great Lakes was ranked
No.1 in India by Analytics India for its Analytics program. Great Lakes, Chennai was ranked 3rd by
Outlook India among top private MBA institutions, 9th by Business India, and 9th by Business World and
featured in Super League 2 by Business Standard.
Led by exceptional academic faculty, steered by an outstanding advisory council, and buoyed by
international collaborations, Great Lakes has been constantly innovating to stay ahead of the needs of
our businesses and community. It is the first B-school in India to offer full time specialization in Analytics
and first to introduce AI and Machine Learning specialization.
Great Lakes has a 30-acre LEED Platinum rated green campus in Chennai and a second campus in Delhi-
NCR. In the year 2019, Great Lakes Gurgaon campus received the prestigious AMBA accreditation and
was also ranked among the top 5 emerging business schools by the National HRD Network (NHRDN) for
the year 2018-2019. Great Lakes Gurgaon was also ranked 13th by Business World for its one-year
program in the year 2019. Great Lakes Gurgaon has ranked 52nd among business schools in its first participation in NIRF rankings in 2022.
Great Lakes offers One Year full time MBA (PGPM) for experienced professionals, Two-year MBA
(PGDM), Part Time Executive MBA for senior managers, and Weekend Executive MBA Program. Great
Lakes alumni currently numbering 12,000+, work at world renowned organizations both in India and
overseas across 30+ nations.