If you've chosen to take the XAT exam, it's crucial to familiarize yourself with the proper registration process for a seamless experience. This guide offers a comprehensive step-by-step procedure for registering for XAT 2024, encompassing all the essential details and requirements. By following this detailed guide, you can confidently navigate the registration process and embark on the path to success in the upcoming XAT exam.
The XAT is a highly-anticipated national-level management test conducted annually by XLRI, acting on behalf of XAMI. With a staggering participation of over 90,000 aspiring managers each year, it stands as one of the most sought-after MBA entrance exams. The XAT holds the key to admission into esteemed management courses offered by XAMI member institutes and other prestigious B-schools across the country. Discover the top B-schools in various states and cities here: [insert URL]..
XAT 2024 will be held on 7th January 2024. Students are required to fill out the XAT form online on the official website. The registrations for the exam have begun from 15 July 2023 and the last date to register will be 31 December 2023. Like other entrance tests, XAT 2024 registration entails stepwise filling of the form and subsequent fee payment.
XAT Registration 2024: Main Steps
The XAT application form needs to be completed in the following three major steps:
- Register yourself and verify your Email ID.
- Fill out the online XAT Application Form and Upload the Requisite Documents.
- Pay the XAT registration Fee and Submit the form.
XAT Registration 2024: Required Documents
Before filling out the online form, you must keep the following documents ready:
- Academic Documents: Marksheets of Class 10th, 12th, Graduation and Master’s degree (if any).
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if any)
- Work experience certificate/details (if any)
- Scanned Photograph: Scanned passport size photograph in 200 x 230 pixel resolution and file size between 20 KB - 50 KB. (The photograph needs to be in light/white background and face of the candidate must be clearly visible in it.)
- Scanned Signature: Scanned copy of candidate’s signature in 200 dots per inch (dpi) resolution and file size between 10 KB - 20 KB. (The signature needs to be on a white paper with a black ink pen.)
- Payment Instruments: Credit Cards, Debit Cards, IMPS, Internet Banking, Cash Cards, and Mobile Wallets.
- XAT Fee Structure 2024:
- XAT Registration Fee (without late fee) – Rs. 2100/-
- Candidates interested in XLRI programmes need to pay an additional fee of Rs. 200/- each.
- Indian Candidates applying for GMP through GMAT– Rs. 2500/-
- NRI/Foreign Candidates applying for one or more programmes through GMAT– Rs. 5000/-
Further, you must have a valid email address and mobile number to register for XAT 2024.
XAT Registration 2024: Three Steps of XAT Application Explained
The detailed application procedure for XAT is as follows:
Step 1- Register for XAT 2024
Step 2- Fill the XAT application form 2024
- Go to the official website (https://xatonline.in/) and click on ‘Register Online’/ the tab ‘Click here for New Registration’.
- Carefully, Read all the instructions and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter your name, contact details, and email-id. You will receive a user ID & password on email and SMS.
- Log-in using your XAT user ID and password and start filling the online form.
- Basic details
If you are a foreign/NRI applicant, you have to apply through GMAT score also.
- Choose XAT exam center
- Fill your full name
- Select your citizenship (Indian/ Foreign / NRI).
- Program Selection
If you are not interested in any of the XLRI programs, you can skip this step.
- Select the program of your choice (Business Management (BM)/ Human Resource Management (HRM)/ General Management Programme (GMP))
- Personal Details
Fill your personal information: name, date of birth, gender, father’s name, mother’s name, category, phone number, etc. (The names & D.O.B should be as per your certificates, marksheets or Identity proof. Any alteration may disqualify your candidature.)
- Educational Details
- Fill up your educational qualifications starting from class X.
- Provide details of your work experience starting from the latest job (if any).
Candidates interested in applying to GMP must have total experience of 5 years.
Finally, you are required validate your details and save the application by clicking on ‘Validate your details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button.
- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature
Ensure that your scanned photograph and signature is as per the specified dimensions. Click on the “Preview Tab” to check the entire application form before “Final Submit”.
Additionally, you may need to upload category and work experience certificates (if any).
Step 3- Fee Payment
You can pay the application fee in any of the online payment modes. After the processing of the transaction, you will receive an e-receipt. In case the payment fails, you can login using your registered ID and repeat the payment step.
Remember to take the printout of your online application form and e-receipt for future reference.
After you have successfully completed all steps of XAT registration process, you will receive a confirmation email from XLRI Jamshedpur.
Lastly, XAT 2024 Admit Card will be available from December 2023 onwards. It will be provided through online mode only. You have to carry an original photo ID proof and admit card to the exam venue.