NMAT 2023 conducted by GMAC is a national-level exam, accepted by top management colleges like NMIMS in Mumbai and other reputed B-schools in India, Morocco, South Africa, Philippines, and Nigeria. NMAT will be conducted over a 70-day period from 10th October to 19th December
. The registrations for NMAT
have begun from 1st August and continue till 10th October
Although NMAT allows for adequate flexibility in terms of exam pattern, choice of mode, number of attempts, and test slots, it is regarded as a highly competitive exam due to the large number of test-takers. So, you must be aware of the frequently asked question types of NMAT. Here, we have listed down all the important topics for the upcoming exam.
From 2020, there have been a few changes made in the NMAT Exam pattern
and Syllabus. To have great preparation, a candidate must be aware of the revised exam pattern and syllabus.
NMAT 2023: Exam Composition
||No. of Questions
||Time (in Minutes)
NMAT 2023: Syllabus
NMAT Syllabus 2023 is divided into three sections of 36 questions each. Listed below are essential topics/areas for different sections of NMAT, along with the preparation tips:
NMAT Syllabus for Language Skills
The Language Skills section covers the topics that test a candidate’s Verbal ability, Reading Comprehension and English Language Skills. The section has 36 questions and needs to be completed within 28 minutes.
Major topics spread in this section are:
- Para Forming
- Sentence Completion
- Error Identification Prepositions
- Comprehension passages
Tips to ace NMAT Language Skills Section
- The section focuses on three main areas – Comprehension, Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Candidate must manage time carefully while appearing for Reading Comprehension questions as these can be time-consuming.
- You must practice each of the areas thoroughly to gain accuracy and improve NMAT score.
- Read newspapers daily to get hold of vocabulary and boost your reading skills.
- Solve NMAT sample papers, previous year papers, and mock tests to keep track of performance.
NMAT Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
The section involves questions based on areas like Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Verbal Reasoning, and Critical Reasoning. There are 36 LR questions to be solved in 40 minutes. The reasoning section of NMAT is designed to test candidates' reasoning and analytical ability. The questions are based on varied topics like:
- Analytical Puzzles
- Critical Reasoning
- Other types of reasoning questions
Tips to ace NMAT Logical Reasoning Section
- To score well in this section, you must take time and analyze all the question types.
- The questions in this section test your analytical, reasoning, and decision-making skills. As there are no standard formulae for this section, the only way to ace reasoning questions is to practice as much as you can.
- Solve Mock tests and sample papers and constantly monitor your progress in various question types.
NMAT Syllabus for Quantitative Skills Section
The section covers all the topics based on mathematics. The section contains 36 questions and the time allotted for this section is 52 minutes. The level of difficulty of maths questions varies from moderate to difficult. The section not just contains questions based on Quant but from other areas like Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency.
Questions in this section are based on topics like:
- Number Properties
- DI Caselets and Tables
- DI Graphs and Charts
- Data Sufficiency
Tips to ace NMAT Quantitative Skills Section
- To ace this section, candidates must practice mathematical questions as much as they can to manage time.
- Although the difficulty level of this section is moderate, the candidate must focus on time management, as some questions are calculation-intensive and tricky.
- Candidates must study all of the formulas and thoroughly revise them from time to time.
- Candidates must solve sample papers and mock tests to get an idea of questions and level of difficulty. In addition, you must analyze your performance after every practice test.
Hope the article helps you in the understanding of the NMAT 2023 Syllabus. For more information, you can refer to the official website.