IBSAT syllabus is quite similar to that of other MBA entrance exams. However, the weightage of topics and level of difficulty varies from exam to exam. In this article, you will get to know the list of topics that form a part of IBSAT syllabus 2023.
IBSAT is a computer-based test of 2 hours, conducted by ICFAI. This year, it will be conducted on the 23rd & 24th of December. Knowing the IBSAT syllabus will help you develop strategies and a smart preparation plan. Data adequacy & Data Interpretation, Quantitative Techniques, Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability are the four sections of the IBSAT exam syllabus.
IBSAT Syllabus 2023: Overview
Here is a brief outline of the key areas of IBSAT 2023, as per their weightage in the exam:
|IBSAT Test Section
||Number of Questions
|Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
IBSAT Syllabus 2023: Section-wise List of Topics
Given below is the list of important topics/ concepts that you need to prepare for different sections of IBSAT 2023:
- Comprehension of passage
- Contextual usage & English Usage
- Incorrect words
- Para Jumble
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Replace the missing words
- Sentence completion
- Grammar & Idioms, etc.
- Questions based on comprehension passages
- Algebra & Geometry
- Arithmetic Progression
- Co-ordinate Geometry
- LCM & HCF
- Permutation & Combination
- Profit & Loss
- Quadratic and linear equation
- Time, Speed & Distance, etc.
Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Bar graphs & Column graphs
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
- Pie chart
- Venn – diagram
IBSAT Syllabus 2023: Section-wise Analysis
Here, you will get to know about the dominant topics of IBSAT, as per the previous year trends:
Section-1: Verbal Ability
Highest scoring section in IBSAT is Verbal Ability with 50 questions. These questions are based on vocabulary and grammar, and presented in form of one-word substitution, analogies, cloze test, etc. The difficulty level of this section is moderate.
Section-2: Reading Comprehension
It’s a separate section in IBSAT exam consisting of 30 questions and is not clubbed to Verbal Ability section. Generally, this section contains 2-4 RC passages followed by 6-8 questions each. The passages have an average length of 500 to 600 words. Most of the questions are directly related to the RC passages and answers to them can be easily recognized in the passages itself. Some of the questions are indirect and you have to check the inference drawn from the passage.
Section-3: Quantitative Ability
This section is a mix of all the topics in Mathematics. Total questions in this section are 30. Questions are of Easy to Moderate difficulty level. The QA section in IBSAT has good mixture of problems including arithmetic, geometry and analytical geometry.
Section-4: Data Sufficiency and Data Interpretation
This section consists of 30 questions, with almost same number of questions on Data sufficiency and Data Interpretation. It mainly contains questions related to Data Sufficiency, Pie Charts, Lines, Tables, and Graphs.
Things to Know about IBSAT 2023
- IBSAT is a Computer-Based Test. Candidates should be aware of its format and navigation tools
- Candidate is allowed to appear in one session of IBSAT, of the two conducted on consecutive days
- IBSAT Syllabus offers high scoring opportunity due to its moderate difficulty level
- There is No Negative Marking in IBSAT
- Each Correct answer carries +1 Mark. Total maximum marks are 140
- IBSAT is 120 minutes exam. Less than 1 minute is available to answer each question
- It is advised to cover the all the topics of the syllabus broadly, as the related questions are straightforward and simple to solve.
FAQs about IBSAT 2023
1. Is calculator allowed in IBSAT?
No, calculators cannot be used during IBSAT exam.
2. Is IBSAT difficult?
No, IBSAT is not really difficult. It is a mix of easy and moderate level of questions. In fact, IBSAT is quite easier compared to other popular entrance tests like CAT, XAT, GMAT, etc.
3. How do I clear my IBSAT exam?
To clear IBSAT with a high score, you need to have a strong clarity of fundamentals and follow up the same with an adequate amount of practice. Aspirants generally spend 3-4 months on IBSAT preparation.
4. Is IBS Hyderabad good for placement?
IBS Hyderabad maintains a great placement record, with average CTC at 8-9 LPA and the highest domestic package at 20+ LPA. Further, the international packages goes up to 50+ LPA.