IBSAT exam pattern is specified in the official notification every year. In this article, you will learn about the structure of IBSAT 2023 and its marking scheme.
IBSAT is an aptitude exam which will be conducted on the 23rd & 24th of December. Its exam pattern is fixed by ICFAI. Knowing the IBSAT Exam pattern should always be the first step to start with. The pattern usually remains more or less similar every year. It is conducted for students seeking admission to the MBA/PGPM/PhD programs of 9 of the Institute of Chartered Financial Analysts of India (ICFAI) Indian Business School (IBS) campuses-Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. It is essential to understand the IBSAT pattern in order to develop a concrete strategy and understand the topics well to maximize your scores.
IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023
IBSAT is an objective test of 140 marks. It consists of questions that are based on the concepts of general aptitude. It is moderate in difficulty level and considered much easier than CAT. The following table will give you a clear picture of the IBSAT paper pattern:
|Mode of Test
||Fourth week of December 2023
||Easy to Moderate
||+1 Mark for each correct answer
|Type of Questions
|Sectional Composition of IBSAT
- Verbal Ability
- Reading Comprehension
- Quantitative Ability
- Data Interpretation
|Section Wise split of Questions
|IBSAT Exam Component
||Number of Questions
|Data Adequacy & Data Interpretation
|Sectional time limit
Takeaways from IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023
We can infer the following things from the IBSAT paper pattern:
- All the sections need equal consideration as fetching maximum marks is the most important task.
- Level of difficulty varies with each section. So proper strategy and time management are a must in order to achieve success.
- Taking regular Mock Tests will enhance your performance as well as speed and accuracy.
- Verbal ability section needs special emphasis as it carries maximum weightage. Further, Reading Comprehension form another section, which means English Language part as a whole has a significant weightage in the exam.
- Strong conceptual base in Geometry, Number System, Probability and DI with a good application orientation is the key to cracking the Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation section.
- Striking the right balance between speed and accuracy is all that matters to score in IBSAT.
IBS is recognised as one of the reputed business schools, ever since its conception in 1995. It is known for its outstanding academic delivery as well as its best-in-class facilities. At IBS, programmes are developed with a forward-thinking approach and accepted all over the world. The institute is known for its 100% case-based learning method. It is committed to developing a generation of business leaders. Students at IBS are prepared for professional environment through a series of soft-skills lab sessions spread out over the course of the programme.
IBS is counted among the top 50 B-schools of India. Apart from the regular MBA programmes, it also offers doctoral courses in management and economics.
FAQs about IBSAT Exam Pattern 2023
1. What is a good score in IBSAT?
There is no one good score in IBSAT. It depends upon which campus do you wish to take admission to. Different campuses of IBS set different cut-offs. However, you should target a score of 70+, in order to get into one of the best campuses.
2. What is the cut-off for IBS?
The cut-off for IBS varies between 60-70, with IBS Hyderabad and IBS Mumbai having the highest ones.
3. Is IBSAT given from home?
Yes, IBSAT can be given in remote-proctored online mode. Since the time of covid, the exam is being held in remote mode, so that candidates can take the exam at home.
4. Is IBS Hyderabad good for freshers?
Yes, IBS is equally good for freshers and experienced candidates. The campus curriculum prepares the students for a productive corporate career, as per the demands of current industry.
5. Is IBS good for HR?
Yes, IBS is considered really good for HR field, both in terms of curriculum and placements.